SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing date and Posting Date of a clearing document

former_member199650
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have seen some cases in our system in which the clearing date and

clearing posting date of a document is older than the creation date of

the document.

Please guide me: Should the above describe case be happened or allowed

to be happened?

Can we stop these kind of postings?

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MP,

there is no problem at all creating a document (e.g., payment) today with a posting date from yesterday or further in the past. IMHO, the document creation date has no functional meaning (from a financial point of view). Consequently, the clearing date can be in the past even the clearing process is performed today. Otherwise you would charge unjustified interests if you can't run a clearing process the same day (or better: with the same system date even during a batch cycle).

Kind regards,

Fritz

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MP,

there is no problem at all creating a document (e.g., payment) today with a posting date from yesterday or further in the past. IMHO, the document creation date has no functional meaning (from a financial point of view). Consequently, the clearing date can be in the past even the clearing process is performed today. Otherwise you would charge unjustified interests if you can't run a clearing process the same day (or better: with the same system date even during a batch cycle).

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply please.

Please guide :

How we can determine the actual date on which the clearing took place?

We need this information to know the actual Account Balance on a date in the past.

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos

MP,

Instead of doing an own analysis, you may want to use the BAPI BAPI_CTRACCONTRACTACCOUNT_GBAL that delivers the account balance for a contract cccount for the key date. Please mind again the difference between posting date and creation date.

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Hi MP,

You can input the document number in DFKKOP table.

The field AUGDT will give you the date on which the item is marked as cleared.

The field AUGBD will give you the posting date of the document used to clear this.

This also has the clearing document number and clearing status.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sidhartha

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable reply please.

But, could you please explain how should i try to get the account balance amount as on a key date through this BAPI.

As, this BAPI has input parameters : KEY DATE, BP , CA, Contract No., and Many More, but when i am passing the Key Date, BP, CA and Contract it is not giving me any output.

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos

MP,

Please try to pass the following values

SELECTIONCONTROL structure:
  CLEARED_ITEMS = space
  OPEN_ITEMS = X
  STATISTICAL_ITEMS = space
  KEY_DATE = 20091016 (today yyyymmdd)
MAINSELECTIONS structure:
  SELE = 0000
  BUSPARTNER = BP number
  CONT_ACCT   = contract account number
  CONTRACT = contract number
  At least either BP, CA or contract number must be passed in this structure.

The BAPI will return in BALANCEITEMS the selected relevant items (for example, disregarding what happened after the key date)

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Fritz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the below functional module for your purpose.

"FKK_ACCOUNT_BALANCE_COMPUTE"

former_member199650
Participant
0 Kudos

Please keep on sending your valuable replies. As there is a limit of no. of open questions, i am closing this request.

Thanks and Regards

MP Vashishth