cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD down while PI up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We are running with PI 7.1 with SLD 7.0 and has been very sccessful.

But, due to maintenace we need to bring down/shutdown SLD systems for aobut 2 hours so the concern now how will PI survives during this maintenance time on SLD?

Will PI still be able to perform its operations (i.e sending/receivig messages as usual)?

Is there any procedure/pre-cautions that needs to be taken care?

Regards

Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we managed to bring PI with less delay.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The benchmark I've observed is something around 3~5 minutes from SLD down time until PI messages start to go into error.

I suppose it's the time between automatic cache refreshs.

Best,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

Thanks for the response.

Is there a way by which i can control the 'automatic cache refresh'?

Assuming a scenario, where i do not want to get 'cache refresh' done for couple hours. I am sure there are NO new sender/receivers either technical or business systems.

Please suggest what can be done.

Regards

Sekhar

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

Read this discussion to know the jobs that are schedule for automatic cache refresh:

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your response.

As per my request, when SLD is down there NO use even if the CACHE refresh job runs automatically because it's going to fail due connection error with SLD (because it's while the job executing).

So, How long/hours PI can serve without SLD online? Any Benchmark Test was conducted? Any experience around this scenario is highly appriciated.

Regards

Sekhar

abhijitbolakhe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

if SLD is down, there will be no message flow.

SLD acts as a server and XI as a client.

Regards

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I knew about this basic fanda but this question was basically meant find ....how long PI can sustain without SLD as long as messages are flowing of known systems (Technical/Business). I understand there will be CACHE that stores all info that's required for messages flow at least for a while. so on the basis of this concept how long PI can serve processing messages?

Regards

Sekhar