cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide/prohibit personalisation function in iViews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we need to prohibit in all iViews (esp. ESS/MSS)the functionality / possibility for the user to do personalization on the iView's /pages. Means the user should not hide or remove some iView's of any pages or...

We only found in the parameter of the pages, iView's a setting to prohibit the personalization. Is there any other global parameter that we can set to prohibit this personalization changes ? Can't be that I must go to every Page, workset or iView and change this parameter manually ..?? Many thanks for any help....

Mario

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think there's any global setting.

In fact, it's true that you'll have to edit each of the iView or Page to hide personalisation function.

May be the feature is given by SAP like that, in order that you can have some iViews with personalization and others without.

Or may be there's a possibility of changing the iView or page template according to your requirements. You might have to explore. I'm sure there's a way to have your own Page Template, but not sure of having your own iView template.

Regards,

JP

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mario,

Yes, the the iViews attached to the new page based modified templete will not have that option. And for already made iViews, I think you have to make new page and add all the iViews(already made and stored in PCD) of your portal to the new page. Otherwise try making same changes in Default page templete and see if it work.(<b>I have not tried this</b>). So please have a copy of Default page templete saved in some other location and if something goes wrong then copy that to the templete--> page folder.

I will also search for other options.

--Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank´s Deepak - will try your solution with changing the default page - but think this will only have an impact of new build pages / iviews out of this new default page. If you found any news - pls inform me.

thx

mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we used then the function in KM called " Multiple Property Replacement" to replace all Properties in the original SAP iViews / pages... This is in the moment all / the best what we can found...

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Well, the page form from the modified templete and form the default templete are different, just remember that the name of the modified templete is different and then make page out of that templete.

The page formed form Default templete will have personilization and from modified templete will not have that option.

It will not effect other pages until the name is different.

---Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

thanks - that means only the changes on new iViews related to the new modified template will not have the option to change personalization !? O.K. fine but what with the already made original ESS/MSS Pages / iViews... ? How can we change this ?

thx

mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Personalization options of iView only appers when it is added to a page, and page is formed from Default page templete. So make changes in Default page templete and put the personaliztion off and save it with some other name in pcd and then make a page out of this modified templet. Now add the iViews for which you dont want personalization to this page and check.

Hope it worked.

PS: If helpful then award points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

if we change the template of the default page, are then all ready made iViews / pages from the existing ESS/MSS will take effect ? Or is this not only the way for new build pages / iViews ? We need this for the existing ESS/MSS pages / iviews..

thx

mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

If you can go to the properties of iViews, pages of ESS/MSS BP, You can turn off the property called Show 'Personalize' Option to "No", So that it will be removed from the list of option for the iview and pages and user cannot do the personalisation of that particular iviev or page.

Please let me know if you are looking other than this.

Cheers,

Mohi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks for your answers - but direct this field in the iView's / pages called "show personalize" option I know. But is there no way to change in all iView's /pages this setting of this parameter ? As know we must go to xxx iViews and Pages and change this field ?? Also we have to create for every of this changes a delta-link object to preserve a back-changes after we apply a service pack of the Business Packages...

No other things possible ?? Think that´s a poor think of SAP´s Busi-Pack if there is no feature for this...

thx

mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

What do u mean by 'Personalization'? Certainly user cannot do any changes ( Hide/Remove some Iviews ) unless u assign them "Content Admin" Role.

From the Link in the header "Personalize" they can only change the Portal Preferences such as Color change,profile etc...

Rgds,

Jothi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jothi,

yes there is more changes possible - all user (only with user role ESS/MSS and every user) can hide or disable or also put-back pages and iView's if they click on personalization of this special page or iView if they are in the ESS/MSS busi-pack. You have change this right ?? Tell me please how ?? Some global settings or special permissions on the ESS/MSS iViews ??

THX

mario