cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error using SSL on Receiver Soap Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm having some problems on connecting to a third-party application running a webservice (meaning, through Receiver Soap Adapter). The third-party appl. demands us to use a SSL connection (its url starts with https), with user authentication through certificate.

We've installed SAP Java Cryptographic toolkit and have a proper certificate configured on the KeyStorage entry, on Visual Administrator.

On Soap Adapter, I've configured HTTP Transport Protocol and have selected the "configure certificate authentication" option and selected the certificate, filled the mandatory fields (target URL and soap action) but I keep getting this error message on SXMB_MONI: "com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: unable to create a socket".

Is there anything else than installing SAP Java Cryptographic Toolkit to enable SSL on Soap Adapter? Is there another configurations that need to be done?

Thanks in advance,

Henrique.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Incorrect port number can cause socket error. What port you are using SSL ? It should be 5<sysnumber>01 (if sys number 85 then it is 58501)

Regards

Shravan

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

where do I define this port number for SSL?

the Soap adapter is receiver, so I put the address of the third part, not the address of XI.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

anyone?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

can u please tell me, how u r able to resolve the problem

i am also stuck in the same error

basically i am working on SSO b/w three systems.

EP>XI>R/3

i am able to do the SSO between the EP-->XI

but when i try with EP-->XI->R/3 it is giving me error at the receiver side means receiver soap adapter is not accepting the SAP Logon Ticket.

can u please tell me what entries should be given in the certificate authentication fields.

please provide the solution.

Thanks & Regards

Rinku Gangwani

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think it's the same problem.

Our case was solved by adding the server's certificate chain in the TrustedCAs view in Key Storage.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rinku, post a new thread.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

Facing the same error com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: unable to create a socket while communciatnig from the GRC NFE system to the Brazil Govt. webservice (HTTPS) using HTTP/Client Authentication in the PI receiver SOAP adapter.

1. Do I need to install Java cryptographic engine? What specific configuration I need to do in that?

2..I have imported the client certificates in a new keystore view called NFE. Do i need to import the same certificate in the TrustedCA view and select it in the SOAP receiver adapter?

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks & Regards,

Shobhit

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, you need to add the certificates in the Certificate Chain of the Server you're connecting to.

So, in this case, you need the .cer files of the certificate chain of the SEFAZ webserver and load them in the TrustedCAs view.

Best,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Henrique,

Can you please explain little bit more about what do you mean by "add the certificates in the Certificate Chain of the Server"?

How can I get the .cer files of the certificate chain of the SEFAZ webserver?

All I have is the .pfx certificate that I have uploaded in the key storage by creating a new view with the name NFE under VIEWS .

Appreciate your answer.

Thanks and regards

Basit Shaikh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Henrique,

Can you please explain little bit more about what do you mean by "add the certificates in the Certificate Chain of the Server"?

How can I get the .cer files of the certificate chain of the SEFAZ webserver?

All I have is the .pfx certificate that I have uploaded in the key storage by creating a new view with the name NFE under VIEWS .

Appreciate your answer.

Thanks and regards

Basit Shaikh

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Problem solved.

Regards,

Henrique.