cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAE in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have read some blogs in SDN about the advance adapter engine in PI 7.1 but i have not worked on it till now. The blogs say that it skips the integarion engine and message processing will be done in adapter engine and hence the performance of the interface is increased by 4 times.

But can anyone please tell me in which kind of scenarios can we go for this?

Since it supports all adapets except IDoc-, http-, XI-, iSpeak-adapters which are hosted on integration engine , so can i use AAE for all the interfaces using the remaining adapters?

Thanks in advance.

Jagruthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can use for the adapters which reside on J2EE Engine framework...

i.e FTP.RFC,MAIL,JDBC,..

You need to observe that you have to use ICO object for the same (Integrated Configuration Object ) for the same...

instead of normal configuration..

As a result you will not see the messages in SXMB_MONI of Integration Engine...

Rajesh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Recently i Had implemented AAE for my recent project,offcourse performance point of view its good but the drawback is its not possible to monitor the messages in MONI.

SAP they are trying to move alla pipeline steps in JAVA Stack itsely,so that we can avoid proceesing of messages in to IE(ABAP Stack),but till now they moved some of the steps in to JAVA Stack,still the steps available in ABAP Stack too.

Implementing AAE concept in optional,but if you want to implement its very easy configuration,its supports only Adapter Engine Adapters only.

Coming feature we can seel all Adapters will be in JAVA Stack,even monitoring stuff also they will move in to JAVA Stack then only we can implement AAE concept with 100 %,now as i already mentioned Monitoring not possible,so most of clients not accepting to implement the AAE.even i had faced same exp from my client.

Cheers,

raj

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Recently i Had implemented AAE for my recent project,offcourse performance point of view its good but the drawback is its not possible to monitor the messages in MONI.

SAP they are trying to move alla pipeline steps in JAVA Stack itsely,so that we can avoid proceesing of messages in to IE(ABAP Stack),but till now they moved some of the steps in to JAVA Stack,still the steps available in ABAP Stack too.

Implementing AAE concept in optional,but if you want to implement its very easy configuration,its supports only Adapter Engine Adapters only.

Coming feature we can seel all Adapters will be in JAVA Stack,even monitoring stuff also they will move in to JAVA Stack then only we can implement AAE concept with 100 %,now as i already mentioned Monitoring not possible,so most of clients not accepting to implement the AAE.even i had faced same exp from my client.

Cheers,

raj

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jagruthi,

AAE is capable of by passing the integration engine as others have already confirmed.

But please note that it is not that if you use AAE, you HAVE to by pass the IE.

There is a concept called the Integrated Configuration which enables the by pass of IE.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index;jsessionid=(J2EE3417100)ID0466668950DB11289201711183352821End?r...

It goes without saying that this option is avaialble only for the adapters which reside on the java stack.

The limitations withing ICO are:

"the following will not be available when using local processing in the AAE:

u2022

Adapters: IDoc, HTTP

u2022

Mapping: ABAP

u2022

ccBPM

u2022 Proxy

The initial release will also not include multi-mapping for message split or content-based routing. These may be added in the future, along with the IDoc adapter."

Regards,

Ravi

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Since it supports all adapets except IDoc-, http-, XI-, iSpeak-adapters which are hosted on integration engine , so can i use AAE for all the interfaces using the remaining adapters?

> Thanks in advance.

> Jagruthi

with EHP1 being introduced some additional functionality have been added to AEE

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/20c237f1-3caf-2b10-3a83-cce9ed5fbdf3&override...

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
so can i use AAE for all the interfaces using the remaining adapters?

Yes AAE can be used for the rest of the adapters...basically for those where you need to create a CC and which are based on JAVA stack....File, JDBC, Mail, RFC, SOAP

Regards,

Abhishek.