cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slowness in adding data to a Matrix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all

I'm adding it data to a matrix from a Query, are 10.000 items in total, but does it take a lot of time in writing in the matrix, 7 minutes approximately in development atmosphere, How I can reduce this time?

I'm working with sbo 2005

thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hector Olmos

There is three options

1) To speed it up you should use a dbdatasource for your matrix. Bind the dbdatasource to your matrix, this is usualy quicker. But sometimes you are limited especailly if you need data from more than one table. If you need data from more than one table this is not your solution.

2) When loading the matrix, if you are putting the values cell by cell that will take longer than doing it through the datasource. So load through the datasource. slightly quicker.

3) Use SBO new grid option, the grid allows you to link a query to it, the grids will then load it by it self. I think this will be your best option.

Hope this helps

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Louis,

Thank you for your help, it was really useful, I chose the option 2 although I would like that you gave me some material with respect to the option 3, really thank you, be able to reduce the time of 7 minutes to 10 seconds.

former_member184566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hector

The grid is part of SBO 2005. If you installed the sdk 2005, in the sap directory there is an example of the grid. Go to C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One SDK\Samples\COM UI\VB.NET it is example number 19. Has code example and everything. With the grids you can also do collapsables.

Hope this helps