cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic overdelivery tolerance with Batch Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please let me know whether below explained scenario is possible to handle through standard configurations or do i have to use a user exit to do that.

If so please let me know the relevant user exit as well.

Customer is using batch management for fabric rolls where one batch is equal to a one roll.

Now imagine I have fabric rolls with 25M each. (Other words, batch size equal to 25M)

Now let's say a customer places an sales order for 98 meters.

If customer has a over dleivery tolerance of 5%, he is eligible to receive 103 M.

When it comes to delivery customer has to pick 3 rolls & 23 M from the last roll. (He is using batch split in the delivery document)

Now my customer want to deliver all 4 rolls without cutting 2M from the last roll. (Since it's within the over delivery tolerance & they don't want to keep that 2M from one roll)

So is it possible to configure the system to automatically pick full batches (If it's within over delivery tolerance).

Or do I have to use a user Exit?

Highly appreciate your inputs on this!

Best regards,

Anupa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anupa,

In material master, Sales organisation1 view, there is a view rounding profile.Here by customisation,

Enter the threshold value from which the system should round up to the next value per deliverable unit:

If the requirements value exceeds the first threshold value, the system always rounds up to the next multiple of the level found

If the requirements value falls below the first threshold value, the system copies the original requirements value.

Please check with the above whether your requirement will be met.

Regards,

Nithin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

Thanks for your reply !

That cannot be used as I cannot exactly give a rounding quantity. It's purely based on the Batch Size (Roll length).

In the example it's 25 M each. But practically it can be vary. 21m, 23m, 24, 25 m, etc.

So what I want is, the system to check the over delivery tolerance & suggest the next completel Batch (Roll) to delivery.

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anupa,

In OWD1, you have to create a rounding profile.Select the dynamic one.In rounding off method, we can use the user exit(by making modifications as required) to suit our requirement and the same can be incorporated in material master. User Exit EXIT_SAPLMDR1_003

But as per your comment the output from the batch is not constant but vary.Hence you can keep the base as 25 and give plus or minus 5 or 10% as tolerance.

Regards

Nithin.