Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Database Export - 8.1.7.4 on linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

With reference to the below Link.

I am trying to export the oracle database (8.1.7.4) in our landscape using the installation master - system copy. But I am not able to export the database due to the options like (database version 920 and 102) and due to this not able to export the 817 database. But In the sap press books guide they clearly mentioned that its possible to export the database of oracle 817 database. So, I believe I am using the wrong isntallation master.

If anyone having idea about exporting the 817 oracle database, please let me know

Enviornment : 8.1.7.4 database with linux2.4 and SAP R/34.7

Kind Regards

VIjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

The problem i suspect is because of this its searching for the 9 version. There was an option while mentioning the current database details like DB version and DB client and also Database owner. There i have forced to choose options only 9 and 10 and there is no such option for 8.

'/oracle/DEV/920_32/network/admin/tnsnames.ora'

But we have oracle 8 Version in pour environment.

Please let me know your suggestions

Thanks and Regards

Vijay

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

As an alternative you can use Oracle database specific method for Homogeneous System Copy.

Please refer this document link [Homogeneous System Copy using Online/Offline Database Backup|http://www.basisconsultant.com/component/remository/Sytem-Copy-Guides/Homogeneous-System-Copy-using-OnlineandOffline-Backup/].

I hope this document will be helpful.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am trying to export the oracle database (8.1.7.4) in our landscape using the installation master - system copy. But I am not able to export the database due to the options like (database version 920 and 102) and due to this not able to export the 817 database.

Not sure if the export ever asks which database version to export.

What is the error you get if you do the export?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

Thanks for your reply.

The error as shown below. Our landscape details SAP R/3 4.7 110 , oracle 8.1.7.4 and linux

TRACE [iaxxccntrl.cpp:595]

CController::stepExecuted()

The step generalR3loadParameters with key SAPSYSTEM_DBEXP|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPSYSTEM|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPComponent|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|DatabaseExport|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|DbExport|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|DatabaseLoadForExport|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|generalR3loadParameters has been executed successfully.

TRACE [iaxxejsexp.cpp:138]

EJS_Installer::writeTraceToLogBook()

loadStrategy = ALPHABETICAL

TRACE [iaxxcdgprc.cpp:588]

CCheckCollectingWalker::processDialogs()

The controller is about to execute the dialog step SAPSYSTEM_DBEXP|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPSYSTEM|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPComponent|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|DatabaseExport|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|DbExport|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|DatabaseLoadForExport|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|DatabaseLoad_Db_Hook|ind|ind|ora|ind|ind|0|diPrepareProgramEnvironment

ERROR 2009-10-12 19:51:28 [iaxxinscbk.cpp:219]

abortInstallation

CJS-00081 Assertion failed: OraConfigFile.setFilePath: Argument filePath is not valid: '/oracle/DEV/920_32/network/admin/tnsnames.ora'

TRACE [iaxxejsbas.hpp:156]

EJS_Base::dispatchFunctionCall()

JS Callback has thrown exception

ERROR 2009-10-12 19:51:28 [iaxxejsctl.cpp:241]

EJS_ControllerImpl::executeScript()

FJS-00012 Error when executing script.

ERROR 2009-10-12 19:51:28 [iaxxccntrl.cpp:579]

CController::stepExecuted()

FCO-00011 The step diPrepareProgramEnvironment with step key SAPSYSTEM_DBEXP|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPSYSTEM|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPComponent|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|DatabaseExport|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|DbExport|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|DatabaseLoadForExport|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|DatabaseLoad_Db_Hook|ind|ind|ora|ind|ind|0|diPrepareProgramEnvironment executed with status ERROR.

TRACE [iaxxgenimp.cpp:428]

processUserInput()

got notification...

TRACE [iaxxsubjct.cpp:58]

notify()

releasing notifyLock

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I also believe you're right.

You will need to get either an old installation DVD or upgrade the database to at least 9.2 and then export it.

Oracle 8.1.7.4 is long out of support, VERY long.

Markus