Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

currency fields in Smartforms - error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a new smartform, in which I would like to display some currency fields. But when the smartform is called from my program, there's an error. If I debug, the error is that the field is unknown in the form. I have the fields defined with a reference to pa0008-waers, so there is a currency key linked. I even added a currency key field for each currency field to the table structure. The value 'USD' is moved to each currency key field. The first time I tried calling the smartform after making these changes, it worked. But every time after that it has not worked. I just keep getting the unknown field error. All programs, forms, and structures were activated before that first try. What else must I do in my structure, my program, or my form in order to pass a currency field to a smartform and get it to display? I know I could move the values in the currency fields to character fields and display them that way, but I would prefer to keep them as currency if possible; that allows me to display the thousand separator. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

April

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to give the reference for the currency from the same sstructure itself. I had the same issue. Now I am facing some issue with display the currency. if the amountis 90,000.00, it prints like 90,000<,000.00. do you have any idea