cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI installation Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am a BASIS admin. In our company we are planning to Install NWDI 7.10 for Portal, CRM and CE development. I have the following question.

1. How should we install the components of NWDI ( DTR, CBS, CMS)? Can we install all of them on same server or on different servers? Please explain which components can be installed together in case it can be?

2. If I want to use the NWDI for CE 7.11 development. Do I need to have a different CBS as the kernel version is different (7.10 and 7.11). Will CE 7.11 uses different Java platform ( other then 1.4)? for which do i need to install separate CBS?

3. We want to integrate this in to CTS+ so what would be the best landscape structure?

Please reply soon.

Thanks,

Ramu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Karin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

concerning your questions:

1.Installing NWDI will install DTR, CBS and CMS. There is no need to install the components on separate servers. it is possible to do so, but not required. Theeasiest way to start is to install the Usage Type DI on one server

2. Ce work with Java 1.5. But there is no need to install a separate NWDI. You can work with Build variants - the only thing that you would need is an additional jdk and you would have to maintain the path to this jdk.

3. For CTS, you would need an AS Java and an AS ABAP. For pure non-ABAP transports, you should use the SAP Solution Manager as CTS system.

Kind regards

karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks,

Ramu

Answers (0)