cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index used or not for selecting data from ODS in a start routine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

In the start routine of the update rules to a cube, I am reading some data of an ODS in to an internal table .

The ODS is indexed. But, I am not sure if the index is at all used in the Select statement (that gets the data from ODS to the internal table in the start routine) while loading data to the cube.

Any help is highly appreciated.

regards,

atlaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atlaj

You can findout this is display execution plan for SQL statement in DB02.

Goto DB02. and under diagnostic, you find explain. Select that and enter your query. Make sure that everything here is in capital format. Below is a sample query which I have entered.

SELECT "CRM_SALORG" "SALESORG" FROM "/BI0/QORGUNIT"

WHERE "SALESORG" = ? AND "OBJVERS" = ? AND "DATETO" >= ?

AND "DATEFROM" <= ?

The select parameters should be inside qoutes and in caps and even the from table. Once you enter your query in this format, click on explain. It will show the index scan if the index is present. the output for my query will be something like

0 SELECT STATEMENT ( Estimated Costs = 1,348E+01 [timerons] )

1 (COOR) RETURN

2 ( 0) TQ

3 ( 0) FETCH /BI0/QORGUNIT

4 ( 0) IXSCAN /BI0/QORGUNIT~Z1

Where my last statement (line 4) is showing index scan and the name of index read is Z1.

Hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have any problems entering the query in the specified format and u get any error.

Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atlaj,

do one thing, switch on the SQL Tracer. check for your table. debugg the Update rules. check in the SQL tracer which index it is using. you will get idea. there it will show which index it is using.

this is the way i know. lets wait for guru's comments.

Nagesh Ganisetti.