Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agregation of Authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have this doubt over Authorizations. I have inside the Authorization Object, several Authorizations, with different values for the Authorization Fields. My question regarding this example is:

Having the Authorization T-CD62001805 set to full access, will it overwrite the other 2 Authorizations settings?

BC-SRV-KPR-BDS: Authorizations for Document Set S_BDS_DS BC-SRV-KPR-BDS: autorizações para document set T-CD62001804 Activity 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 24, 25, 30, 70, 78, 82 ACTVT Business Document Service: Cla DEVC_KCDD CLASSNAM Business Document Service: Cla OT CLASSTYP BC-SRV-KPR-BDS: autorizações para document set T-CD62001806 Activity 03 ACTVT Business Document Service: Cla DEVC_KCDD, REPORTWRITER, SAP_ICONS CLASSNAM Business Document Service: Cla OT CLASSTYP BC-SRV-KPR-BDS: autorizações para document set T-CD62001805 Activity * ACTVT Business Document Service: Cla * CLASSNAM Business Document Service: Cla * CLASSTYP

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Having the Authorization T-CD62001805 set to full access, will it overwrite the other 2 Authorizations settings?

Yes.

0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will certainly "overrule" the others in any authority-check...

Whether the system will merge them on the strength of the first two being included in the last authorization, will depend of the status of the authorization.

If they are manually or changed, then they will stay (they are "yours").

If they are standard (i.e. derived from SU24 proposals) then the system will aggregate them to an extent where authorizations which are mutually inclusive in other's will be merged.

See the FAQ thread at the top of the page. There is a note in it which explains the behaviour and how you can use it to your advantage.

Cheers,

Julius