Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using FTP but save Archive files on the File system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have scenario File to Idoc.

File is placed on FTP.

I want to archive the files on the File system in a specific folder and also save the archive files with diffrent extension.

Is it possible. How should i do it.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your PI server is on SP11 or more then for archiving there is an option where you can specify the archiving to be done on FTP server or in PI server

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can use save in your channel choose the mode archive in tab Processing Parameters and put the directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So if I select archive option and in directory if /xfer/ecc/MGATE/ARCHIVE

The archive files will be saved here?

Also i do not need to check the checkbox Archive Files on FTP folder

Correct if I am wrong

Thanks

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to select it

According to help.sap

If you want to archive the files on the FTP server, set the Archive Files on FTP Server indicator. If you do not set the indicator, the files are archived in the Adapter Engine file system.

Regards

suraj

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> So if I select archive option and in directory if /xfer/ecc/MGATE/ARCHIVE

>

> The archive files will be saved here?

> Also i do not need to check the checkbox Archive Files on FTP folder

>

> Correct if I am wrong

>

> Thanks

you will have to check the option Archive Files on FTP folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If I do not want to save it on the FTP.

I have been given this path xfer/ecc/MGATE/ARCHIVE where they want to store the archive files.

How should I do that. I am not aware where there this directory is. Whether it is on PI server or ECC?

If it is on ECC how can i save the file there?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

this option is available in PI FTP sender adapter

go to tab processing and there Archive directory option is there where you need to provide the path where the file needs to be archived..

Dont select the checkbox option Archive Files on FTP server.. thats it..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting this error

File "FM-118230672101.csv": Attempt to archive file "/xfer/ecc/MGATE/ARCHIVE/20091012-153708-816_FM-118230672101.csv" after processing failed with java.io.FileNotFoundException: /xfer/ecc/MGATE/ARCHIVE/20091012-153708-816_FM-118230672101.csv (No such file or directory (errno:2)). Retry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with admin for relative path..i.e full path and also check the OS on which server is installed and use the slash symbols accordingly... (/ or \)

i think / for windows and \ for Unix OS

Rajesh

0 Kudos

Hi,

U need to select the option " Archive files on FTP server" and provide the archive directory path under "Archive Directory".

otherwise file should not be archive under Archive Directory in FTP server.

Thanks,

sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I still get the above mentioned error.

Can you tell me we 1 file system for QA environment.

In tht File system I have folders:

PI_QA

ECC

So in the File adapter I do not want archive the files on FTP I using but in the ECC folder in the file system.

Do you see any problems in tht.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone please suggest.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

I am not sure whether you can achieve this directly using the File CC. Might be I am wrong.

As you will be doing FTP to get the file, but while archiving, you want it to store it in the File System.

Your connection mode will be FTP to the file server and the File CC provides you an option to archive the files on the File server. If you don't check that option, then it will archive it in the AE file system.

You might be interested in checking the following way of achieving your requirement, but I am not sure if it's the best approach

Create a receiver File CC with mode NFS and write every incoming file to the archive directory in your file system.

So, you will have 2 receiver channels.

Regards,

Neetesh

Edited by: Neetesh Raj on Oct 13, 2009 1:29 PM