cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate Users from Backend to DOE

Former Member
0 Kudos

As part of a project, we would like to migrate the Users from the CRM Backend to the DOE to save time and not creating them manually.

I couldn't find any hint how to do this, the only thing i found is the Activation of AUTH_DWLD_BE_DEST in the DOE Portal. But how do i load all Users from the CRM to the DOE?

Thanks in advance,

Tobias Abb

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

i have evaluated this site before, but i found nothing helpful regarding this question. i always created the users in the DOE, but i would like to automate this step since there are too many users to create them manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the same link, there are steps to download user authorizations and user details under the menu item 'Setting up Users in Data Orchestration Engine'. This will fetch the users from your configured backend destination (CRM in your case) and persist them in the DOE.

However, this will not create users within the DOE. It will only download their identities as specified in the backend itself, and these attributes are enough (and also necessary) to assign these users to devices.

You can set up a job to automatically pull the deltas from the backend every week or so, so that the data is up to date in the DOE.

However, creation of users in the DOE automatically upon creation of a user in the backend needs to be via some sort of push from the backend itself. i.e. Say you have a report in the backend which you use to create users. You can probably use APIs exposed by BASIS to push such users to the DOE system (i.e. remotely create them in the DOE system) whenever this report is used to create a user in the backend. This activity however is outside the purview of the DOE itself, since it must be initiated by the backend.

EDIT: You can also try the transaction 'SDOE_MIGRATION'. If you select 'Generic synchronization' and choose 'Migrate Users' only, you might be able to pull data from the CRM system. However, the report is actually intended to pull users from the old MI version for customers upgrading from older versions of MI to the DOE (7.10) who want to retain their middleware users in their new middleware system. However, I am not sure how this will turn out.

Edited by: Arjun Shankar on Oct 13, 2009 8:45 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for this detailed answer, this made the point clear. I will have a look at a kind of PUSH of users to the DOE via a report.