cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can SAP handle RPC/encoded WSDLs

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure whether this is the right forum for this question, but i'll give it a try:

I have a WSDL file (web service decription) from a 3rd party tool, which is RPC/encoded, and I tried to generated an ABAP proxy class (SAP Basis 7.01). During the generation I get a couple of different errors, and the one that bothers me most is

"incorrect value for attribute use: "encoded"".

When I replace all occurrences of "use="encoded"" with "use="literal"", then the proxy generation will work, but in this case, the web service call will not work anymore (probably because the encoded response from the webservice cannot be read by the proxy class).

What can I do?

Any hints are welcome.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Document/literal and RPC/literal will be the only allowed style/use combinations in the future.

See the detail reason from above post.

Regards,

Gourav

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

thx for the help.

This means that my WebService Provider (RCP/encoded) is not compatible with an SAP ABAP Web AS, right?

Best regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since SAP comply with WS-I 1.1 profile it will no longer support encoding et all (for that matter most of SOAP provider who comply with WS-I 1.0a won't support encoding).

If you really want to use it then use ABAP program to construct your own SOAP message and use http post to post message to webservice provider.

In response you will get xml in payload use "Transformation" to parse this xml to get result.

>This means that my WebService Provider (RCP/encoded) is not compatible with an SAP ABAP Web AS, right?

Yes, they are not compatible as encoding is technology of past

Regards,

Gourav Khare

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems only RPC with literal will be supported in future.

Quote from wiki Please see this:

"Some of these combinations are rarely used in practice, such as document/encoded. In general, the literal use is gaining importance, and as far as RPC/encoded is concerned, the Web Services Interoperability Organization (WS-I) in its Basic Profile Version 1.0a of August 2003 ruled out the use of SOAP encoding with web services. Document/literal and RPC/literal will be the only allowed style/use combinations in the future."

Detail wiki is available here: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/c018da90-0201-0010-ed85-d714ff7b7019

Regards,

Gourav

Edited by: Gourav Khare on Oct 13, 2009 12:28 AM