cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message in processing log in VA02 in External send.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my smartform I am using READ_TEXT to read one text and I have checked the exceptions also in the call to function module.

CALL FUNCTION 'READ_TEXT'

EXPORTING

ID = 'ST'

LANGUAGE = ZNAST-SPRAS

NAME = Y_LV_NAME

OBJECT = 'TEXT'

TABLES

LINES = y_i_tline

EXCEPTIONS

ID = 1

LANGUAGE = 2

NAME = 3

NOT_FOUND = 4

OBJECT = 5

REFERENCE_CHECK = 6

WRONG_ACCESS_TO_ARCHIVE = 7

OTHERS = 8.

endif.

But I am not maintaining the text in SO10 and the READ_TEXT will return sy-subrc 4 .In va02 in messages tab ,I am creating output 1(print output) and 5 (external send) and save the document.when I check the processing log for both,In print output I can't see any error messages.But in external send I am getting error message that the text <my text> not found in language <my lang>.I want to know why the error message (exception thrown by READ_TEXT)comes in EXternal send in processing log and it is not coming in the processing log of print output ? .can anybody help me out ? I can't debug while saving the document since everything is handled in back groud(The smartform won't get triggered while saving).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Please debug, for which u need to '/H' B4 that have a break-point in ur Driver program on SSF or the READ_TEXT Fm and SAVE in debug mode. When in DEBUG mode ,Under SETTINGS choose SYSTEM DEBUGGING and UPDATE DEBUGGING which allow you to debug and check the Error/Exception from the READ_TEXT FM ...

surya

Answers (0)