SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role of an ABAP programmer in FI-CA of ISU?

former_member386290
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am an experienced abap programmer but never worked in ISU FI-CA environment. Can you pls guide me what I am expected to do and know if I have to work on FI-CA submodule of ISU?

Also any documents or links to them will highly be appreciated.

Thanks

Abap Programmer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please go through the functionality of the ISU and FICA. As an experienced ABAPer you already know that there is no big difference in the underlying code. You will just need to understand the data (how and where it is stored) and the processes (particularly how FICA interacts with other IS-U modules).

Also look for documentation on FQEVENTS, something that you will use a lot in FICA. Google it or search for it in SCN, you will get a lot of information.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please go through the functionality of the ISU and FICA. As an experienced ABAPer you already know that there is no big difference in the underlying code. You will just need to understand the data (how and where it is stored) and the processes (particularly how FICA interacts with other IS-U modules).

Also look for documentation on FQEVENTS, something that you will use a lot in FICA. Google it or search for it in SCN, you will get a lot of information.

0 Kudos

Thank you srinivas Adavi. Your answer is helpful and I have awarded you some points. However I would still like some more info as below:

Hello All,

Can you list some of the reports / programs / enhancements / interfaces or any other development works' examples etc that you have done in FI-CA sub module as an ABAPer ?

Thanks

Abap programmer