Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iaik.security.ssl.SSLException: Peer Sent alert: Alert Fatal: bad certifica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While accessing a HR portal link we are getting this error:

iaik.security.ssl.SSLException: Peer Sent alert: Alert Fatal: bad certificate

When we checked the ssl_service in visual admin---> keystore we found two entries one for credentials and other for credentials-cert , entry for credentials has got expired on march 2009 while enty in credentials shows that it is valid till march 2011.User is accessing the j2ee server through proxy server.

We are not sure whether its a proxy server error or ssl certificate error in our j2ee engine. How to check whether SSL has been configured in our j2ee server???

Please guide me to resolve this issue. I have also checked the iaikSecurityFS component through SDM n its showing under Filesystem-->coretools.

How to test the SSL functionality, user is getting this error while accessing on MSS link.

We have tested the SSL connection using htts://localhost:50501. Test was successfull.

After the test we could see the start page of java server.

Regards,

Prashant

Edited by: Prashant Shukla on Oct 12, 2009 4:19 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Pls follow the attatched link PDF for resolving your ADS error.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f03414f8-d4ce-2a10-d4b6-ab201b329...

Pls follow the step 3 & 4 , which will help you to check you configuration.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

We have successfully generated the SSL certificates but issue is still the same.

We have checked the doc and followed the document suggested by you , In authentication tab ADS_USER has already been configured but how to verify that password is correctly set?????

I have a doubt that somebody might have changed the password of ADS_USER and has not updated in the

set up Basic Authentication in a Java environment:

1. Log on to the Visual Administrator.

2. On the Cluster tab, choose Server <x> u2192 Services u2192 Web Services Security.

3. Choose Web Service Clients u2192 sap.com > tcwdpdfobject u2192 com.sap.tc.webdynpro.adsproxy.AdsProxy*ConfigPort_Document.

4. From the Authentication list, select BASIC.

5. In the User and Password boxes, enter as Username ADS_User and a Password.

6. Choose Save.

7. The authentication data must be activated. For doing this navigate to Services u2192 Deploy.

How to verify that password has been set correctly.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the following parameters -:

icm/server_port_0= PROT=HTTP,PORT=6201

icm/server_port_1= PROT=HTTPS,PORT=6301

icm/server_port_2= PROT=SMTP,PORT=0

In our system SSL test is successful. parameter PROT is not ROUTER this means that we are not using SSL certificate in VA.

Then how to get the root cause for this issue.

We are using Web Dispatcher in our landscape.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Need your help urgently

Regards,

Prashant

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Log says ADS error as well as SSL error in remote execution .

Can you desrcibe some , how is your landscape i.e ESS , EP , WEBdisp .

Is there any java dynpro in you EP MSS which is calling ADS

Pls maintain your complete profile in SDN you communication id.

Thanks

Anil

Edited by: Anil Bhandary on Oct 20, 2009 2:31 PM

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls paste the dev_webdisp log , which is present on sap webdispatcher

Thanks

Anil

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi prashant,

Can you paste default.trc of Portal & dev_webdisp in forum.

Let first slove the problem of SSL and then we will get into second problem of ADS

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Please find the details of defaulttrace.trc, regarding dev_webdisp i could not find this log in work directory of portal server.

Where I can find this log.

#com.sap.tc.webdynpro.sessionmanagement#sap.com/tcwddispwda#com.sap.tc.webdynpro.sessionmanagement.Ex

ceptionHandler.handleThrowable#10507135#334211##R345DE3_DE3_175460552#10507135#7a9978b0bc9911de81840018fe289483#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_29##0#0#Error#1#/Sys

tem/UserInterface#Java###Exception occured during processing of Web Dynpro application . The causing exception is nested.

[EXCEPTION]

#2#sap.com/mssrecreq/RequisitionCreation#com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.PDFDocumentRuntimeException: Failed to UPDATEDATAINPDF

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.adobe.impl.InteractiveForm.afterHandleActionEvent(InteractiveForm.java:420)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.afterApplicationModification(ClientApplication.java:1132)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientComponent.afterApplicationModification(ClientComponent.java:895)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.doRespond(WindowPhaseModel.java:573)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.processRequest(WindowPhaseModel.java:152)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WebDynproWindow.processRequest(WebDynproWindow.java:335)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.executeTasks(AbstractClient.java:143)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.doProcessing(ApplicationSession.java:319)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessingPortal(ClientSession.java:733)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessing(ClientSession.java:668)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doProcessing(ClientSession.java:250)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.RequestManager.doProcessing(RequestManager.java:149)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.core.ApplicationHandle.doProcessing(ApplicationHandle.java:73)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.portal.pb.impl.AbstractApplicationProxy.sendDataAndProcessActionInternal(AbstractApplicationProxy.java:860)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.portal.pb.impl.localwd.LocalApplicationProxy.sendDataAndProcessAction(LocalApplicationProxy.java:77)

at com.sap.portal.pb.PageBuilder.updateApplications(PageBuilder.java:1300)

at com.sap.portal.pb.PageBuilder.SendDataAndProcessAction(PageBuilder.java:327)

at com.sap.portal.pb.PageBuilder$1.doPhase(PageBuilder.java:869)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.processPhaseListener(WindowPhaseModel.java:755)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.doPortalDispatch(WindowPhaseModel.java:717)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.processRequest(WindowPhaseModel.java:136)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WebDynproWindow.processRequest(WebDynproWindow.java:335)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.executeTasks(AbstractClient.java:143)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.doProcessing(ApplicationSession.java:319)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessingStandalone(ClientSession.java:713)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessing(ClientSession.java:666)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doProcessing(ClientSession.java:250)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.RequestManager.doProcessing(RequestManager.java:149)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doContent(DispatcherServlet.java:62)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doPost(DispatcherServlet.java:53)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:401)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:266)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:386)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:364)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:1039)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:265)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:95)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:175)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:104)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:176)

Caused by: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.PDFDocumentRuntimeException: PDFDocument Processor failed to process Render Request.

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.PDFDocumentProcessor.process(PDFDocumentProcessor.java:55)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.PDFDocumentInteractiveFormHandlingContext.execute(PDFDocumentInteractiveFormHandlingContext.java

:115)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.PDFDocumentInteractiveFormHandlingContext.execute(PDFDocumentInteractiveFormHandlingContext.java

:138)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.adobe.impl.InteractiveForm.afterHandleActionEvent(InteractiveForm.java:340)

... 45 more

Caused by: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObjectRuntimeException: Service call exception; nested exception is:

iaik.security.ssl.SSLException: Peer sent alert: Alert Fatal: bad certificate

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObject.doSoapCall(PDFObject.java:440)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObject.render(PDFObject.java:3988)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.PDFDocumentRenderHandler.handle(PDFDocumentRenderHandler.java:153)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.PDFDocumentProcessor.process(PDFDocumentProcessor.java:52)

... 48 more

Caused by: java.rmi.RemoteException: Service call exception; nested exception is:

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.adsproxy.SecConfigBindingStub.rpData(SecConfigBindingStub.java:89)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.adsproxy.SecConfigBindingStub.rpData(SecConfigBindingStub.java:99)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObject.doSoapCall(PDFObject.java:417)

Caused by: iaik.security.ssl.SSLException: Peer sent alert: Alert Fatal: bad certificate

at iaik.security.ssl.r.f(Unknown Source)

at iaik.security.ssl.x.b(Unknown Source)

at iaik.security.ssl.x.a(Unknown Source)

at iaik.security.ssl.r.d(Unknown Source)

at iaik.security.ssl.SSLTransport.startHandshake(Unknown Source)

at iaik.security.ssl.SSLTransport.getOutputStream(Unknown Source)

at iaik.security.ssl.SSLSocket.getOutputStream(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.initStreamsFromSocket(HTTPSocket.java:703)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.initializeStreams(HTTPSocket.java:504)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.getOutputStream(HTTPSocket.java:461)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.HTTPTransport.getRequestStream(HTTPTransport.java:408)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.MimeHttpBinding.outputMessage(MimeHttpBinding.java:550)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.MimeHttpBinding.call(MimeHttpBinding.java:1433)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.adsproxy.SecConfigBindingStub.rpData(SecConfigBindingStub.java:82)

Regards,

Prashant

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

In our production system i checked the parameter icm/server_port<xx>

icm/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=6201
icm/server_port_1 = PROT=HTTPS,PORT=6301
icm/server_port_2 = PROT=SMTP,PORT=0

Are we using end to end ssl?? or something other kind of ssl.

Are you using any proxy for EP as like sap webdispatcher , if yes pls paste me the parameter of instance profile of sap webdispatcher for answering your above question.

Depend upon that we can work on error which you are getting.

-

Regading the ADS error.

fp_test_00 is user to check the ADS of abap part , but for java part you need to check the ADS configuration , pls follow the below forum for ADS on EP.

/message/7800668#7800668 [original link is broken]

Thanks,

Anil

Edited by: Anil Bhandary on Oct 20, 2009 12:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Yes, we are using Web dispatcher (proxy server) for our landscape.

We have a doubt that this issue could be from proxy server, all technical links eg: http://fqdn:port are getting mapped with functional link like https://careers.a.companyname.com in proxy server.

Do we have any test single test/ or more for testing the ADS configuration from portal side???

I found a similar thread which talks about the same error.

The sol given in this is not understandable to me, if possible anybody can explain me the same.

waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Prashant

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

1. Can Paste the URL which you are using for access the portal , need to check teh format.

2. How to check parameter icm/server_port<xx>

I have checked the parameter icm/server_port<xx> in the instance profile but couldnot find the same.What does this mean???

goto to Tcode :- SMICM --> select GOTO menu --> under goto PARAMETERS --> select DISPLAY.

Where you will get new screen , in that you will be get the pramater icm/server_port_<nn> ( nn is you instance number )

3. ADS error

1) The causing exception is nested. 
*EXCEPTION {1}#2#*sap.com/mss~rec~req/RequisitionCreation#*
com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.
PDFDocumentRuntimeException: Failed to UPDATEDATAINPDF at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.
clientserver.uielib.adobe.impl.InteractiveForm.afterHandleActionEvent(InteractiveForm.
*java:420)**

For the above ADS error , tell us did you made post installation acitivty for ADS .

Error you are getting is because your is not proper funcioning. check the post installtion activity of ADS

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

In our production system i checked the parameter icm/server_port<xx>

icm/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=6201

icm/server_port_1 = PROT=HTTPS,PORT=6301

icm/server_port_2 = PROT=SMTP,PORT=0

Are we using end to end ssl?? or something other kind of ssl.

RegardingADS all connection tests are successful eg: fp_test_00

In quality this MSS functionality is working fine.

What configuration do i need to check to verify the ADS setings .

Along with the ADS error we are facing one SSL exception bad certificate error also in the same trace file.

The issue we are facing is somewhat similar to the problem mentioned in the thread

Can anybody explain me the solution.

Regards,

Prashant

Please guide.

Regards,

Prashant

Edited by: Prashant Shukla on Oct 20, 2009 12:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inorder to check whether ur system has been configured to SSL chk the following steps ya.

First go to visual admin and navigate to SSL Provider service and select SSL and u will get displayed with

2 keys ya.

one is PUBLIC KEY and the other one is PRIVATE KEY

Here chk whether u are able to see your host name along with the certificate provider vendor name in SSL_CERT ya

By default SAP provides the license for 8 weeks as free of cost but for extention period the company has to pay to SAP.

You can chk the time period whether it is for 8 weeks (or) for 1year.

Second go to SMICM and go to services and here chk whether the https port is enabled (or) not.

Third simple one go and open a IE page with HTTPS:/<hostname>:<portno> and chk whether u are able to get the data displayed.

Let me know if you are not satisfied with my statements and I will try to let u know more.

Prashanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

I have already tried the 3rd option

HTTPS:/<hostname>:<portno> , its working find , we could see the home page of the portal.

Our concern is how this link is working fine, if credenials-cert in ssl_service is showing that certificate got expired on aug 2009.

Are we using some other kind of ssl. why user is facing the issue in MSS only while creating the new requisition.

If ssl has some issue, all https links should stop working.

From trace file I could see the 2 major issues-:

1) The causing exception is nested.

[EXCEPTION] #2#sap.com/mss~rec~req/RequisitionCreation#*

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.

PDFDocumentRuntimeException: Failed to UPDATEDATAINPDF at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.

clientserver.uielib.adobe.impl.InteractiveForm.afterHandleActionEvent(InteractiveForm.

java:420)*

All ADS tests are successfull.

When I checked the VA-> server>services->Document Services License Service License was in RED mark while

in Quality Server its in green checkbox in prod is not checked.

2) *iaik.security.ssl.SSLException: Peer sent alert:

Alert Fatal: bad certificate at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.adsproxy.SecConfigBindingStub.

rpData(SecConfigBindingStub.java:89) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.adsproxy.

SecConfigBindingStub.rpData(SecConfigBindingStub.java:99) at com.sap.tc.

webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObject.doSoapCall(PDFObject.java:417)*

*Caused by: iaik.security.ssl.SSLException:

Peer sent alert: Alert Fatal: bad certificate at iaik.security.ssl.r.f(Unknown Source)*

*at iaik.security.ssl.x.b(Unknown Source) at iaik.security.ssl.x.a(Unknown Source) at

iaik.security.ssl.r.d(Unknown Source) at iaik.security.ssl.SSLTransport.startHandshake

(Unknown Source) at iaik.security.ssl.SSLTransport.getOutputStream(Unknown Source) at

iaik.security.ssl.SSLSocket.getOutputStream(Unknown Source)*

I have checked the parameter icm/server_port<xx> in the instance profile but couldnot find the same.What does this mean???

Which type of ssl are we using??

Please help.

Regards,

Prashant

Edited by: Prashant Shukla on Oct 19, 2009 8:24 PM

Edited by: Prashant Shukla on Oct 20, 2009 8:14 AM

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RAghu,

1. check parameter as mention by RAGHU. ( find it out whether it is end to end SSL or terminating ssl )

2. If it is end to end SSL then you have to reissue the certificate of backend system as well as check on web dispatcher what is the validity date of certificate if it is also expired, then you have to also reissue the certificate of web dispatcher.

3. IF you are using End to end SSL, then you have to work on webdispatcher for re-issue of certificate for the error which you are getting ( iaik.security.ssl.SSLException: Peer Sent alert: Alert Fatal: bad certifica ).

The error which you are getting it seems that you are using END TO END SSL & not terminating SSL.

pls let me know any query,.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried to find the parameter icm_port<xx> but couldn't find it in RZ10 instance profile.Please let me know where i can check the parameter value.

I have got i full default trace for this issue-:

Pls find the details below

Trace file shows two kinds of error one is for ADS and second is for SSL, please guide how to troubleshoot.

All users can use https://FQDN:port with out any prob only this MMS link in HR portal is creating this issue.

I tested the SSL connection https://FQDN:ssl port n its running fine

#com.sap.tc.webdynpro.sessionmanagement#sap.com/tcwddispwda#com.sap.tc.webdynpro.sessionmanagement.Ex

ceptionHandler.handleThrowable#10507135#334211##R345DE3_DE3_175460552#10507135#7a9978b0bc9911de81840018fe289483#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_29##0#0#Error#1#/Sys

tem/UserInterface#Java###Exception occured during processing of Web Dynpro application . The causing exception is nested.

[EXCEPTION]

#2#sap.com/mssrecreq/RequisitionCreation#com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.PDFDocumentRuntimeException: Failed to UPDATEDATAINPDF

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.adobe.impl.InteractiveForm.afterHandleActionEvent(InteractiveForm.java:420)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.afterApplicationModification(ClientApplication.java:1132)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientComponent.afterApplicationModification(ClientComponent.java:895)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.doRespond(WindowPhaseModel.java:573)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.processRequest(WindowPhaseModel.java:152)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessingPortal(ClientSession.java:733)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessing(ClientSession.java:668)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.core.ApplicationHandle.doProcessing(ApplicationHandle.java:73)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.portal.pb.impl.AbstractApplicationProxy.sendDataAndProcessActionInternal(AbstractApplicationProxy.java:860)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.portal.pb.impl.localwd.LocalApplicationProxy.sendDataAndProcessAction(LocalApplicationProxy.java:77)

at com.sap.portal.pb.PageBuilder.updateApplications(PageBuilder.java:1300)

at com.sap.portal.pb.PageBuilder.SendDataAndProcessAction(PageBuilder.java:327)

at com.sap.portal.pb.PageBuilder$1.doPhase(PageBuilder.java:869)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.processPhaseListener(WindowPhaseModel.java:755)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.doPortalDispatch(WindowPhaseModel.java:717)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.processRequest(WindowPhaseModel.java:136)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessingStandalone(ClientSession.java:713)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessing(ClientSession.java:666)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doContent(DispatcherServlet.java:62)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doPost(DispatcherServlet.java:53)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:401)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:266)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:386)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:364)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:1039)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:265)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:95)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:175)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:104)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:176)

Caused by: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.PDFDocumentRuntimeException: PDFDocument Processor failed to process Render Request.

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.PDFDocumentProcessor.process(PDFDocumentProcessor.java:55)

:115)

:138)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.adobe.impl.InteractiveForm.afterHandleActionEvent(InteractiveForm.java:340)

... 45 more

Caused by: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObjectRuntimeException: Service call exception; nested exception is:

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObject.doSoapCall(PDFObject.java:440)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObject.render(PDFObject.java:3988)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.PDFDocumentRenderHandler.handle(PDFDocumentRenderHandler.java:153)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.PDFDocumentProcessor.process(PDFDocumentProcessor.java:52)

... 48 more

Caused by: java.rmi.RemoteException: Service call exception; nested exception is:

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.adsproxy.SecConfigBindingStub.rpData(SecConfigBindingStub.java:89)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.adsproxy.SecConfigBindingStub.rpData(SecConfigBindingStub.java:99)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObject.doSoapCall(PDFObject.java:417)

Caused by: iaik.security.ssl.SSLException: Peer sent alert: Alert Fatal: bad certificate

at iaik.security.ssl.r.f(Unknown Source)

at iaik.security.ssl.x.b(Unknown Source)

at iaik.security.ssl.x.a(Unknown Source)

at iaik.security.ssl.r.d(Unknown Source)

at iaik.security.ssl.SSLTransport.startHandshake(Unknown Source)

at iaik.security.ssl.SSLTransport.getOutputStream(Unknown Source)

at iaik.security.ssl.SSLSocket.getOutputStream(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.initStreamsFromSocket(HTTPSocket.java:703)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.initializeStreams(HTTPSocket.java:504)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.getOutputStream(HTTPSocket.java:461)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.HTTPTransport.getRequestStream(HTTPTransport.java:408)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.MimeHttpBinding.outputMessage(MimeHttpBinding.java:550)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.MimeHttpBinding.call(MimeHttpBinding.java:1433)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.adsproxy.SecConfigBindingStub.rpData(SecConfigBindingStub.java:82)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Which proxy server component you are using for e.g web dispatcher , IIS , etc. ??

How is you communication between j2ee server & proxy server i.e http or https ( end to end ssl or terminating ssl ) ??

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

We are using web dispatcher as proxy server.

How is your communication happening between j2ee server & proxy server i.e http or https ( end to end ssl or terminating ssl ) ??

End users are using mapped address at their end. Technical address eg: http://FQDNhostname:port/irj/portal is getting mapped in proxy server with a functional link. I am not very sure whether v r using end to end or terminating ssl. Please help me in getting the answer for your question.

Regards,

Prashant

Edited by: Prashant Shukla on Oct 12, 2009 9:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

If you want to check whether you are using E2E SSL or terminating, just open the profile file of the dispatcher and check if PROT=ROUTER is set for icm_port<xx> parameter.

If this set then, you need to check the validity of the certificate in the VA of Portal. Else the certificate might have been installed on the Web Dispatcher. You need to check the certificate on the web dispatcher.

In any case go through 1094342 and 1318906.

Cheers...........,

Raghu