SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning on IS-U

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have a sandbox environment thats running ECC and many other industry solutions like Automotive etc. Now we want to turn on the IS-U environment (thats already installed but not turned on). Will this cause any implications? I tried finding additional information through release notes, but was not able to find much. Can anyone please point me to the right information?

Cheers

Jack

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jack,

Please check SAP Note 881842:

You can only have one active industry extension in a system. Different industry extensions cannot be combined with one another in ERP 2005. In addition to this, activating an industry extension can lead to release restrictions for add-ons. If you have activated an industry extension, you may no longer be able to install certain add-ons. If you have already installed an add-on, you may no longer be able to activate any further industry extensions. For more information, consult the release strategy notes of the relevant add-ons.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Fritz

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jack,

Please check SAP Note 881842:

You can only have one active industry extension in a system. Different industry extensions cannot be combined with one another in ERP 2005. In addition to this, activating an industry extension can lead to release restrictions for add-ons. If you have activated an industry extension, you may no longer be able to install certain add-ons. If you have already installed an add-on, you may no longer be able to activate any further industry extensions. For more information, consult the release strategy notes of the relevant add-ons.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the reply Friedrich. It was really really helpful.