Dear Team,

How can I find TNSNAME of the system ?

REgards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you mean TNSNAMES.ORA file , then you can look at ORACLE_HOME\NETWORK\ADMIN directory of your database server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anindya,

I am in the process of the configuration of "Database Monitoring" for Managed System in Solution Manager.

Here I need to provide the name of "TNS Name" , with refer to input I need the value.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its your database SID which is same as your SAP SID

Have a look at the docs below. MIght be helpful for you

http://www.slideshare.net/wlacaze/sap-solman-instguide-dba-cockpit-setup-presentation

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan ,

For tnsnames.ora first you have to log into the Linux server with the user with which Oracle was installed (preferably) or you may login as a user who has permissions to access that file .

The path for tnsnames .ora is $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora

Where $ORACLE_HOME is the directory where oracle server is downloaded

You may check it out by entering following command

echo $ORACLE_HOME

Thanks ,

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Generally Tnsname in SAP refer to your SID of the system.

Same can be check in the enovirnment variable of the system the value of variable dbs_ora_tnsname .

If you are using Unix system then you have to login with ora<SID> user to get envoirnment variable for oracle user.

Thanks and regards, Atil

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rohan,

please check sapnote #562403 - Part "5. Where can I find the Oracle Net configuration files?"

This note also describes which format is needed to add a new entry - Part "8. What do the contents of tnsnames.ora look like?"

Regards

Stefan