cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table not displayed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having a very strange problem with my form.

I've created an offline interactive form with ABAP based interface. I've created a table on the form which is mapped to a vendor master table (through the interface of course). But table is not getting displayed neither in the PDF preview nor in the generated form. Sometimes it helps if i delete some columns (it doesn't matter which ones) but i need to have all of them displayed.

Does anyone have any idea where the problem could be? It's really annoying.

If you need any more details please let me know.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Tijana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sometimes if no data is passed to your table it is not displayed. Try using this form in any application(ABAP, WD ABAP or WD Java) and pass data to it. It will show the table in the output.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like the problem occurs when there are two tables linked to the same table in data view?! Now i removed them both and again added only one and it worked even with all columns. But it's still strange because it didn't work like that even before i added secind one.

Anyway...

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Tijana

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

That's exactly what i've done. I always use drag and drop from data view. I've also checked the propertie but no luck

I also checked if i there is maybe some problem with form rendering but trace file looks fine.

Thanks for helping.

Regards,

Tijana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, forgot to add, i'm using this form in an ABAP program where i fill all data i need on the form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response. The problem is that there is data for this table. I've managed to make this table working but i had to remove some columns. Then i've added another table and mapped it to the same data without removing columns. First one displays two rows and second one is not visible at all. I even tried to remove the same columns from second table but it still didn't work. I have cheked field types and everything looks fine.

Thank you very much for your help....

Regards,

Tijana

Former Member
0 Kudos

try this.

delete both your tables.

add a new table from the DATA VIEW pallete - this will automatically map your fields for you (this may be where you're having problems). If you need to remove columns, rt-click and remove the selected column.

Also, check your table's attrributes go to Object ->Binding. Is the Repeat Table for Each Data Item checked (not sure if this matters offhand)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

another dup post caused by the site's certificate error.

Edited by: robert phelan on Oct 12, 2009 3:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The above is correct - depends on how your table is created, it won't display if no data is passed to it.

I've always had beeter luck dragging and dropping the table from the DATA view and resizing it manually, rather than create the table via the wizard.

Also, you should debug the program & make sure there's data. If not, simply haardcode some data in the table & see if that fixes your issue.

regards,

Robert.