Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET application and PI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

I wonder if the following scenario is possible with SAP PI 7.0:

If a production order is released in SAP ERP, I want PI to intercept the production order (LOIPRO IDOC) and send it to a .NET application (via SOAP).

How can I realize this scenario? what are the necessary steps and is there a howto or a good book that meets this issue?

So far, I learned that the other way around is possible (.NET application asks PI if a production order was released).

regards,

Pete

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello dear colleagues,

I read the suggested blogs and forum posts with great interest.

Some of them are really good (unfortunately those that don't match my scenario a 100%) and others are

not so good (there are pictures with no transaction name or code. I don't even know how to get in this transaction).

However, after reading all the posts I'm still a little bit confused. Some of them say, that I'll have to add a SOFTWARE COMPONENT and PRODUCT under SLD and others say that the prerequesite is having a BUSINESS SYSTEM defined as a 3rd party product (representing the sender SAP system).

I still don't know how to start. I splitted my problem now in 2 parts. 1st is sending a IDOC to SAPXI (when a production order was released!) and 2nd part is sending the IDOC to a external application via SOAP.

I also bought me a book: SAP Exchange Infrastructure which at this point isn't really useful.

I tried to create a business system in SLD (representing the sending SAP system) but when I clicked on "new business system" I have to choose a system from a drop down box with about 50 system with cryptic names such as "ACCRUENT on accruent" "cc_cert_3rdparty_prod on host" "HFX_PI on hfx_pi_host" and many others.

Which system do I have to chose or maybe do I have do create my own system (but how).

regards,

Pete

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

YOur's is a IDOC to SOAP scenario.

Please refer this link for an understanding about IDOC to SOAP scenario:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/stage/IDoctoSOAPSynchronouswith+BPM

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

by the way:

I know that I could solve this scenario also by using SAP MII (Manufacturing Integration and Information).

Except for the Message Service of MII I really don't know where the big differeces to PI/XI are?!

I can even load XML-schemas and Map data from IDOC to XML in both systems.

Can anybody explain to me where the benefits of the particular systems are?

I believe that with SAP MII the problem would be easier to handle, but unfortunately MII isn't available in our company.

regards,

Pete

Former Member
0 Kudos

can nobody help here?

I would also be grateful for any reference.

regards,

Pete

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lunatikk,

Refer these threads....This discussion will be very helpful to you...

Thanks.