cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy of AS/400 - DB2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We did a image copy from old hardware to new hardware. Now when we try to startup our ECC system its is not coming up. we changed the hostname in the profiles, rename the profiles as per new host name. Now when we try to start SAP using as/400 communicator it is throwing invalid command and not starting up SAP.

Any help would be of help !!!

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Also check the authorization for kernel executables.

Run FIXR3OWNS.

Regards

Soumitra

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you did a option 21 system save and restore, do not forget to delete the SQL packages as well from the target system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Vijay,

Please check out SAP note 574310, "iSeries : specific actions when renaming DB host". I hope that it will helpyou to find the problem. If everything checks out, but it still doesn't work, then I would suggest that you open a message with SAP.

Regards,

Sally Power

Development Support for SAP on IBM i

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

Thanks for this. I am unable to look for this library.

Ensure that the DB-hostname in *DTAARA R3<SID>400/R3_nn is correct. If the change is due to a system migration, this value should be set correctly. Otherwise, use the command WRKDTAARA to first display and then correct the value.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I don't understand the problem. The library R3<sid>400 (where <sid> = your system id.) exists for every SAP system. If you did a complete image copy, you must also have copied this library. What is your sid? For example, if it was PRD, then the library name would be R3PRD400.

Regards,

Sally Power

Development Support for SAP on IBM i

Edited by: Sally Power on Oct 13, 2009 11:17 AM

thomas_vogt
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Moved thread to DB4 forum.