cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Popup Window Error in SAP Netweaver CE 7.11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created webdynpro application in SAP Netweaver CE 7.11. I tried to use Popup window according this document "New Features of Web Dynpro Popup Window - SAP NetWeaver CE 7.11" Link: [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/a04870c5-749b-2b10-06ba-d25515ef39e3&overridelayout=true]

But i got this error at below :

java.lang.ClassCastException:

class com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.standard.impl.TransparentContainer:service:tcwdwebdynpro com.sap.engine.boot.loader.ResourceMultiParentClassLoader 20e1ed5b alive

incompatible with interface

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.standard.api.IWDWindowViewElement:service:tcwdwebdynpro com.sap.engine.boot.loader.ResourceMultiParentClassLoader 20e1ed5b alive

at com.elsys.app.internalproject.displayactivitiesincalendar.comp.ExpensesConfirmationView.wdDoModifyView(ExpensesConfirmationView.java:148)

Does anybody know whats wrong? I didnt see Webdynpro UI IWDWindowViewElement

Kind Regards,

Rasim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Armin. You are right I wrote wdDoModifyView in WindowController. Problem solved.

But I got another error :

"java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: Eventhandler onActionCancel not found for event onActionCancel "

I am trying to create Cancel and OK action in WindowController editor. But I couldnt see Action tab.. only method tab in there..

how can i create Cancel Action in Window Controller view editor?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the "Methods" tab to create the event handler method and create the action(s) using the API as described in the article:

// create an action from the event handler 
IWDAction okAction = wdThis.wdGetAPI()
  .createAction("OK Action", IPrivatePopupWindow.WD_EVENTHANDLER_ON_OK, true); // validating 
IWDAction cancelAction = wdThis.wdGetAPI()
  .createAction("Cancel Action", IPrivatePopupWindow.WD_EVENTHANDLER_ON_CANCEL, false); // non-validating

The constants WD_EVENTHANDLER_XYZ are created by the IDE for you.

Armin

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Armin.

its solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gayathri,

Actually I ve been already read your documents before i created this application. But I would like to create confirmation like section "Creating the Popup Window of Window Type WARNING"

and I dont know whats wrong with? Which version WD runtime did you use for this samples ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where have you added this code into wdDoModifyView()? You have to do it in the wdDoModifyView() method of the window controller, not the view controller.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you creating a seperate window in the webdynpro DC to display the confirmation window?

If that is the case then remove the window and use the code given in this article.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/2066c269-a17a-2c10-8fa7-f6a690c59288&override...

Creating the Confirmation Dialog Popup Window section.

This code will display the confirmation text message and create the window. You need not create.

Regards,

Gayathri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

Our server WD-RUNTIME version is 1000.7.11.1.0.20081122225600 .

Fazal,

Thanks but I already read this document. and I am getting same error.

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this Article, it will help u.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-wdjava?rid=/library/uuid/2066c269-a17a-2c10-8fa7-f6a690c59288]

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

Where can i see WD runtime version?

I can say my nwds version:

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio

SAP Enhancement Package 1 for SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.1 SP01 PAT0007

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio Web Dynpro User Interfaces

Version: 8.10.10008.090928104306 - Build id: 200909281912

jdk1.5.0_12

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are different ways to find that out:

- ask your server admin

- look into NWA

- right-click in any WD application, select "Technical Info" -> tab "System Info" (only possible in development systems)

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the exact version of your WD runtime?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks satish for your answer...

But Problem is still continue... i got same error "TransparentContainer incompatible with interface IWDWindowViewElement"..

I wrote to this code wdDoModifyView section:

"if ( firstTime)

{

IWDWindowViewElement window = (IWDWindowViewElement) view.getRootElement();

}

"

what should i do now?

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

IWDWindowViewElement : Is a API is the interface for any element in a view. This interface is used to uniquely identify an element and provide the appropriate[View|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/5a9a3daffc4c60e10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

Synchronize + Reload+Build all the used dc from project now try to deploy.

Best Regards

Satish Kumar