cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

layout of SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

In smartforms . how to see the layout output without print program ? ( suppose i prepared layout only no print prog )

z_invoice prog is there in SF.

can i copy print prog se38 and layout (smartforms )for z_invoice to another name ?

if yes, how to link both the new name programe to get output ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ans

Former Member
0 Kudos

give some values for IS_repeat and then press enter or f8 again. at the end print preview will open. after which you can preview the layout.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can test the smartform without a printprogram.

Already on the selection screen you have a button test.

Then you have to fill the parameters and you can test.

success,

Gr., Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok. I am preparing SF layout without printprograme . and want to check the layout. i did like this

f8 then f8 then f8 the message is coming The input parameter IS_REPEAT

contains no value. Specify a value:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you just want to view the layout designed in the SF, them just press F8 , a FM will generate execute that and again press F8 then select your output dvice and finally click preint preview .

If you want to link your print program and the layout designed, use NACE transaction according to your application type for example application type i V3 - shipping select that and click output types. for the samrt from Output tpe should be assigend

select that and link the print program and layout.

Thanks,

kavitha.

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just press F8 and u get the generated fm name. now press f8 again, u;ll get what u want

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To see layout with out print program and with out any values, u just have press F8 till you get layout.

Evry smartform will creat a function module after activation. U need get that FM name by using 'SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME' function module.

Call smartform FM by passing all required variables from your se38 program.

this call function will create connection between print program and smartform.

U need specify all variables in the interface of the smartform also.

Hope I clarified your doubts.

Regards,

Kusuma K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically in smartforms, the link between the print program and the smartform is that, the smartform is called in the print program.

This means, you can write a new print program / copy the print program to a different name and in that new print program you can call the new smartform.

Best Regards,

Ram.