Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a process here.

I need to maintain Warranty Master record.I can create a Product master Record with Product type Warranty.

Now how do i assign the warranty for the materials cmng from ECC.

Finally i want to assign warranty to the Product Components in Installed Base.

How do i do that.what are the Config settings do be made on the Warranty side,where everytime i dont assign warranty manually at the Installed base.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

let me start with creating the warranty itself.

Follow the procedure of creating category for the warranty and the respective set type and attributes ( hope you already know that... )

Make sure that your warranty category has the following set types in it.

CRMM_PRWTY

CRMM_PRWTY_CNT

CRMM_PRWTY_SRV

CRMM_PRWTY_CAT

This setting will result in the warranty tab, appearing among the tabs while creating a warranty product and for which you can values like validity, dates, catalog....etc...

you can assign these warranties to Installed Base components by selecting the product and then selecting (component relationships or relationships), depending on which version of CRM you are using.

I haven't worked on a downloaded data from R/3 to CRM ( products for example ) and so cannot say for sure if the following would work.

For products created in CRM you can click on the relationships button inside the product and assign the warranty in the WARRANTY tab, its the same as doing it for the individual component in Ibase.

maybe for products from ECC, you have to manually add warranties,

It's an interesting question and I shall try and work on that and also about the other part of your question.

Automating the assignment of the warranty.

If it helps till here to get you somewhere...reward me..else...sayonara..

regards,

ASHWIN