Our system have run for a long time and it terminates with thousands

of ABAP dumps: DDIC_TYPES_INCONSISTENT today. What should I do? Run

RUTTTYPACT2 to fix? or RSDDCHECK?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check Note 595069, in most cases a re-activation of the offending structure (see

the contents in short dump) will resolve the problem.

former_member211576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Warren,

Our operator transfers some requests between 4.6C non-unicode and 6.0 unicode using exporttoascii = true in transport profile. I am afriad that's why we have so many DDIC_INCONSISTENCE. I have no idea how to fix all the errors and I decide to rebuild a new development system from system copy of production.

By the way, I try to run RSDDCHECK on one program but the error still exists.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member211576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

>Do you have same tp and R3Trans versions on both boxes?

No. tp and R3trans are used in their own version. That's to say, 4.6C use tp of 4.6C version and 6.0 use tp of 6.0.

former_member211576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Our operator transfers some requests between 4.6C non-unicode and 6.0 unicode using exporttoascii = true in transport profile. I am afriad that's why we have so many DDIC_INCONSISTENCE. I have no idea how to fix all the errors and I decide to rebuild a new development system from system copy of production.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are transporting between 4.6C and Ecc 6.0, then I am not 100% sure how it affects.

My Guess- Do you have same tp and R3Trans versions on both boxes? Basically, at transport level on OS, probably they are the two exes which actually interacts with DB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dennis,

Generally it should not matter how long system is running for (In theory). When are u actually getting dumps when importing transports?.

Is there any change in permissions of shared directories, either DIR_TRANS or SAPMNT?

Krishna