cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying RFC to IDoc scenario.... In the sender RFC though I have changed table parameter and imported it in IR which shows the correct message, in the runtime it still displays only the old table parameter... i.e. i have changed the structure from table A to table B, in IR when i import the changed RFC i am able to see the table B name and its field however the same is not reflected in runtime i.e. when i trigger a message it still has table A with no data being passed...

Pls help me on this...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope the re-imported RFC is activated...

Also try refresing the cache.

Go to SXI_CACHE and refresh it

Also see in IR whether any cache refresh is showing red entry. If yes then refresh that too

Regards

Suraj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for ur replies... i have already deleted and imported the RFC structure and changed it in mapping programmes.. but still the runtime structure has the old table only.... the RFC in also activated after the change....

I am using PI 7.1 is there a chance of any bug that is causing this issue..??

Former Member
0 Kudos

as a alternative I have copied the RFC to a new RFC and using it.... it has the changed structure.. but the values that are passed in the table parameter are jumbled between the fields.. i.e. few fiedlds holds the other field values also and few are empty, in the report i have checked the internal table that is being passed to rfc it has the correct values...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1. Refresh the complete Cache.

2. Refresh the CPACache

If still error persists :

3. Reimport the RFC in IR .

try again

Regards ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have done this already.. now i am using a new RFC and this issue is resolved...

pls let me know when the contents that are passes in RFC call is received differently by SAP PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below thread for RFC cache refresh

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you do changes in the RFC structure after import..then you need to import the structure again..as PI cannot fetch the strucutre using RFC and more over metadata of RFC will be in cahce ..so for this need to import the RFC again..

HTH

Rajesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try doing the following;

1. delete the rfc and reimport, activate changes.

2. use the structures from this new imported rfc in your mapping and also your operation/interface mapping.