SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DM - Meter Reading Workflow functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a customer's requirement that the estimated MR should be "corrected" automatically in case the next actual MR arrives and it is less then the estimation done before.

Can anybody help me via the customizing and the development (if any required)?

I have found the Customizing section Define Automatic Monitoring of Meter Reading Data, that works in co-operation with the function module EXIT_SAPLEL01_020, but I am not sure if this is the recommended way of solving this problem.

Thanks in advance for your feedback, regards,

Bou.Lis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make use of standard SAP given Workflow ISU_ASSESS.

Regards

Satadal

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make use of standard SAP given Workflow ISU_ASSESS.

Regards

Satadal

0 Kudos

Satadal,

thank you for your feedback.

Standard Workflow function ISU_ASSESS is available, but I would appreciate some help regarding the steps that I should follow in order to correctly activate the functionality.

Under the Workflows' functionalities, can be found the Tasks/Events WS20500203 (in DM-MR Meter Reading) and the WS20500105 (in BI Contract Billing). Although both seem to have been activated, the process does not work.

Your feedback will be lots appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Bou.Lis

0 Kudos

Hi Bou.Lis,

Standard SAP Triggers the event ASSESSED in the Business object - ISUCONTRCT. Use this to assess the meter reads and estimate the reads.

Obviously you may also need to cancel the billing documents if you are adjusting the meter reads for the period billed. In that scenario you can use BILLDOCAUT -> BDOCSFORREVERSAL and BILLDOCAUT -> ADJREVERSETAB.

For re-estimation you can leverage using the FM ISU_ACTION_ASSESSING. This FM estimates for all the registers, so you might want to customize and re-estimate only for implausible meter reads registers.

I would recommend working with a solid workflow developer who has IS-U knowledge.

Hope this helps.

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all, guys.

Issue solved with developer's help ...

From my understanding there were some 'customizing' tasks or 'bugs' to the standard isu assess workflow (we used the WS 20500105) on the agent (default rules) and/or in the container/binding process.

Regards,

Bou.Lis