cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wm-fixed bin storage

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

Each time a goods receipt is posted for material ABC, you want to move the material directly to

the fixed storage bin FIX-ABC in storage type 005 of warehouse number 001 without creating a

transfer requirement or transfer order. To do this, you need to set up the system as follows:

1. Create the fixed storage bin FIX-ABC in storage type 005 that is defined in the standard

system using the fixed bin search strategy. (See Stock Placement Strategy F: Fixed Storage

Bin [Page 359])

2. Create a special movement indicator for your warehouse number.

3. Add the special movement indicator and the fixed storage bin FIX-ABC to the material master

for material ABC. (Be sure to enter storage type 005 in the organizational level dialog box

when creating the material master).

4. Create a new WM movement type to move materials directly into fixed storage bins without

creating transfer orders or transfer requirements.

5. In the reference movement type table, create a new entry that links an appropriate IM

movement type to the new movement type using the special movement indicator.

i follow the above all the steps but the stock not moved to my fixed bin (005),instead of that its moved to shelf storage bin(002) . plz,try to solve my problem.

Appreciate your help as always.

regards

muthuraman.d

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the configuration for st type search strategies you can create a st type indicator (maybe FIX)

In the placement (E) you can add this indicator to your warehouse and in the table add 005 st type only which means if the system sees this indicator it has to go to 005

Finally in the WM1 view of the material master add the FIX in the stock placement field and then every time the material arrives it should look at the FIX nd then go to the search strategy and see that it goes to 005.

If you have lots of material for this strategy then when you have done the config use MM17 to update all of the materials with FIX.

I hope that this helps

Frenchy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)