cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Proxy Runtime with PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

One thing I am wondering in respect to Java-Client-Proxies on PI 7.1 is whether it is still possible to send a message directly to PI Integration Server using a proxy runtime?

In former releases java proxy classes have been created out of Integration Builder. There was no configuration data to be entered and the message was sent to XI using Java Proxy Runtime.

Following the new approach of java proxies in PI 7.1 you have to create a WS proxy in NWDS for the service interface from ESR. The runtime configuration can be done by using logical ports in NWA. While creating a logical port you can specify a WSDL containing the endpoint information or create the configuration manually. There is also a option to specify whether the endpoint is a web service or XI. But what URL do I have to choose when sending to XI? When using a sender SOAP Adapter I give the URL from the sender agreement, but this would not send the message via proxy runtime.

So is there a way to send PI 7.1 compatible messages from java proxy to XI using proxy runtime? If so, is some config in the Integration directory (XI sender communications channel) necessary, or does it behave like in ABAP proxy scenario, when message is directly injected into integration server?

Thanks in advance,

Manfred

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The new PI 7.1 Java Proxies use WS-RM protocol, the "old" PI 7.0 Java Proxies use XI protocol.

So you use for the NWDS created proxies with WS-RM adapter for async and SOAP adapter for sync messages.

For ESR created proxies you send the message direct to URL of XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Stefan.

So there is no generic way of sending messages to PI from within Java using proxies created in NWDS?

I also opened a OSS ticket at SAP for this and they told me that from PI 7.11 SP1 onwards messages can be sent to PI using proxy runtime. In all earlier versions proxy runtime should be accessed by using "old" version of proxy creation.

Did you also hear anything similar about this topic?

I am still waiting on a response from SAP regarding the procedure of sending messages to PI using proxy runtime in future releases. As soon as I have all necessary information I will post them here in this thread.

Thanks,

Manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi this anjiram

q)what is the proxy breafly explanation when we use the proxy

proxy is it server or object plz give breafly explanation

Answers (0)