cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thai PDF conversion (RSTXPDF2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts

Thai words was included in our SAPscript/Smartforms, and we must convert them into PDF.

we found an OSS note 339832, it told us that we must upload Thai TTF font(Angsana New)to sap system via program RSTXPDF2, and use font THANGSAN for Thai words in SAPscript/Smartforms.

but we have a question on that:

when execute program RSTXPDF2, which font family should we use?

should we upload the TTF font to the exsiting sap font "THANGSAN", or create a new Z font, then upload TTF font to the Z font?

if anybody know how to convert Thai text into PDF, please kindly tell me detail steps.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member252723
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

After installing the fonts pass the language option in control parameters so that it will take the thai language during conversion.

Thanks

Mustafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinny,

are you manage to convert your spool to pdf using the report RSTXPDFT4? is the thai character show correctly in pdf? thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same question (only I need Lithuanian symbols). I try to load in both cases: into standard font family and into Z_ family. But symbols are not showed anyway. Are you resolve this issue?

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should first create font family ZCOUR_I4 in SE73 font families.

You should then upload e.g. windows true type font C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\COUR.TTF under font name ZCOUR_I4 via RSTXPDF2. Then if you use font COURIER in the sapscript form, this uploaded font will be used for any Lithuanian characters in the PDF.

You must also ensure the the language of the form is LT and the device type used to create the PDF is a Baltic device type like e.g. I4SWIN.

See also SAP note 786734.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan ;

How can I acces font's TTF File ? You said that upload ttf files in a C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\COUR.TTF format.But I havent got a TTF files of Courier,Helve and Times Fonts.How can I get this font's TTF Files?

Regards

recoba

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The font files should be available on any wndows PC in directory C:\WINDOWS\Fonts. Is it for Lithuanian language also that you need them?

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Let us know whether u get the Spool correctly in THAI language if so that RSTXPDFT4 program and give the spool # and convert it to PDF and check if the PDF is correct , if not install the font and check ..

surya