SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you change the status of a device?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've found these FMs related to device status.

ISU_DETERMINE_DEVICE_STATUS - gives the current status of the device, which is well and good, but I want to CHANGE it(the status)!

STATUS_CHANGE_INTERN - by the name, I expected it to do what I wanted (CHANGE device status) but, couldn't figure out how it works. Has anyone been able to use this function to change a device status? Please share.

Thanks,

Melinda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Status can be changed using this FM, but it is not recommended to do so, as they are activated

or deactivated by performing an application procedure.

For using this FM, get the OBJNR from EQUI table, using the MATNR and SERNR.

Get the status you want to set to, from the table TJ02T, using the ISTAT field.

Pass this value as ISTAT into the STATUS parameter of the FM, and an INACTIVE indicator 'X' or space to specify whether this status is active.

Call BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT after this.

Be careful with this approach, as specifying the wrong Status may corrupt the device.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Status can be changed using this FM, but it is not recommended to do so, as they are activated

or deactivated by performing an application procedure.

For using this FM, get the OBJNR from EQUI table, using the MATNR and SERNR.

Get the status you want to set to, from the table TJ02T, using the ISTAT field.

Pass this value as ISTAT into the STATUS parameter of the FM, and an INACTIVE indicator 'X' or space to specify whether this status is active.

Call BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT after this.

Be careful with this approach, as specifying the wrong Status may corrupt the device.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Melinda

Do you want to set the system or user status?

PeteA

0 Kudos

And just to make sure we do not have two discussion at the same time about the same issue:

Cheers,

Fritz