cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number generation in SAP MDM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using automatic number creation for my master data like customers & vendors in sap mdm. This nos. are getting generated at the time of syndication process. Now, i have to store this nos. against the respective records in my repositories (Data Manager) for the future references.

The newly generated number is getting stored in my "key" field of key mapping so is there any procedure to populate this no. to my customer no. or vendor no. field in data manager?

Can any body suggest me the best practices followed for number creation.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member153023
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandresh,

the best practice to maintain number ranges in MDM with the help of "AUTO ID" number. This feature will automatically append a number when you will create a new record.

If you want to populate the "KEY "field for numbering purpose,you may use the calculated expression to do this.

Reg,

Bis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt reply.

My requirement is to generate number based on account group as we are doing in SAP. And also i am using same no. ranges such that the nos. created in SAP & MDM will be in sink.

Also regarding, How to populate "key" field of key mapping in my master no. using calculated fields? Can you pls give one example.

It will be very helpful to me, if you can provide one example.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandresh.

former_member153023
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandresh,

the key field value in key mapping must be having some value which is same as you have mapped while importing. Now define one more field in console make "calculated""YES.Now as per your requirement,define a calculated expression for that field.

The number range as per account group can be maintained in MDM with help of qualified table data modelling.

Regards,

Bis

former_member153023
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandresh,

the key field value in key mapping must be having some value which is same as you have mapped while importing. Now define one more field in console make "calculated""YES.Now as per your requirement,define a calculated expression for that field.

The number range as per account group can be maintained in MDM with help of qualified table data modelling.

Regards,

Bis

Answers (0)