cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Range object for Building Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my scenerio, i want to give seperate number range for company code level. can u please provide me the object class for number ranges of Building. So that i can generate it.

Naveen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

number ranges for buildings in RE are already company code dependant. Transaction for maintenance is FO28.

If your question is somewhat different, please explain more in detail.

Regards, Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franz,

Ok, Thanx for your reply.. Now i got noticed that.. Initially the interval is like this: 100000 to 999999. if you create a building then i am getting number as 100000, 100001, ....

Ok now if i chaged the same interval as 000000 to 999999. even after chaging the interval i am still getting number as 100003.

now i chaged the interval as 200000 to 299999, in this case i am getting number as 200000, 200001, .... but i want number as 000001 to 99999. Plz help me in this.

Regards,

Naveen

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

could you please check if this issue also occurs when you create a new business entity and then a new building for this BE.

I assume that this sytem behaviour you described is due to the logic of numbering. System checks the highest number for buildings in a business entity already used and will not use a lower number. As you had already created 1002 system will continue with 1003. But if you set the number range to a higher interval then system will take the higher number.

Regards,

Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franz,

Thanx for your reply.. you are correct.

Is there any way to reset the number range for existing business entity as per my scenerio. and also can i reuse same business entity for new number range.

Regards,

Naveen

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

the last used number is stored in table VIBDSUMOBJNUM.

Table VIBDSUBOBJNUM is not designed for manual maintenance, therefore

I would advise you to create a program to manipulate the entries of

this table if necessary.

Please be careful because this is in your own responsibility. Especially you should take care of that the numbers used at the beginning are never to be used again.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Franz

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed

Former Member