cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Defaults on user creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK I think I am starting to lose it... When I create a new user in SAP Netweaver 04 (XI) it puts the default Date format to "1.234.567,89" when I want ti to be "1,234,567.89". And for some reason I can not find where I set that. I got it working in our DEV box but not our QAS box.

Can someone please point me in the right direction. I have the system set up as US and the company as US and the Timezone (STZAC) is correctly changed but I can not find this darn setting.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Paul Ksobiech

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Logon to ABAP stack.

Transaction SU01

Enter the user id and change

Go to defaults TAB and change the default values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

Thank you for you responce. But what I am really looking for is a way to make it default in. I know to change it there.

Currently, when I go into SU01 and create a new user, I seed the following in the defaults tab:

Decimal Notation 1.234.567,89

Date format DD.MM.YYYY

The way I would like it to be set up is, when I go into SU01 and choose create I get this:

Decimal Notation 1,234,567.89

Date format MM/DD/YYYY

I would like that to be the default every time a new user is created without having to change it.

Please let me know if I need to me more clear.

Thank you again Bhanu for your quick responce. If you can help me with this, that would be great.

Best Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to modify parameters

zcsa/moddatfm

zcsa/moddcpfm

using transaction RZ10.

If these parameters are not there then create .

For example the system default for zcsa/moddatfm is 1

(DD.MM.YYYY) to make it MM/DD/YYYY set it to 2.

I think you need a system restart after profile parameter change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhnu,

Nice reply.

But if we set those parameters then this notation will be fixed for everybody.

I want it to be different for diffrent currencies because diffrent countries have diffrent currencies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

the parametrs set cannot be modified for individual user

if you want keep same values for same users dont create user from scratch just copy user for same time zone and same profile

cheers

Sudhakar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was in SPRO and I was refering to setting the system standard not just use assignment. But this was a while ago so dont quote me.

Still cleaning old messages,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could always use a transaction variant via shd0 to default in parameters....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

How about creating a template user and choosing all the values of ur choice for time,language,printer,expiry,template roles if any etc...and when ever you are creating a new user copy from this template user...

Not a technical soln.but a practical one...

Regards,

Bapujee Naidu