Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to File (without BPM) -- Error in SM58 in R/3 side

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Good day to you. I am tyring to do RFC to FILE scenario(ie by using Bussiness Services) with out using BPM. I have done everything and i found that there is no issue in my configuration.

I created Logical system in R/3 as below.

name: RFCTOXI

Connection Type: T

program-d: naga

Gateway host: dev (this is my R/3 host name)

Gateway Service: sapgw10 (this is my R/3 service)

In ID of my sender communication channel (RFC adaptor) i configured the RFC channel like below

RFC Server Parameters:

Application Server(Gateway) : dev

Application Server Servuce : sapgw10

program id: naga

RFC Metadata Repository Parameter:

Application Server: dev

system number: 10

Below i had given my SAP R/3 login details.

In R/3 i created a bapi which is RFC enable and executed that bapi in the report program which i created by using the destination RFCTOXI (ie RFC destination created in R/3). it is running fine. But i am unable to see any messages in SXMB_MONI, so further i checked in SM58 in R/3 and found the error like alternativeServiceIdentifiier: party/service from channel Configuration. while i tried to connect to remote system by using the RFC destination i created in R/3 (ie RFCTOXI) but in status text it is showing like com.sap.aii.af.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException.

Please get back to me if you need further information.

So now please check and suggest me how to proceed further to get the solution. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In the RFC sender adapter give the program id , activate it first

and then create the RFC destination ( Type T)in SM59 ....give all the details , select registered server program and give the program id here. activate it .

Regards,

Jude

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jude

Thanks for your reply. I tried as per your suggestion but the same error message i am getting in SM58 of R/3 system and i am unable to see any messages in SXMB_MONI.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

As said check the connection using Sm59 ..

if it is success then you should see the same in SMGW (Gateway monitor) of R/3 which lists all the rigistered programs

Also if error while calling bapi check the dump in ST22..

HTH

Rajesh

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Further checked and found that my RFC destiantion is workign fine with test connection and i dont see any dump analysis in ST22 also.

Pls suggest.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you associated the sender channel with appropriate business system and message type of the RFC ...

i.e is appropriate sender agreement is in place in PI .. and check the cache is upto date ...

Rajesh

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

I am not using bussiness systems but i am using bussiness services. Anyways the sender agreement is also correct (ie just checked again now).

I dont know how to check the cache to be up to date. so please tell me how to check the cache and update it up to date.

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SXI_CACHE tcode for cache refresh...do full cache refresh..

Are u able to see the progid in SMGW Tcode list..

Also test the connection in SM59 of PI also..

check by execution of bapi in R/3 ,whether is working properly as expected or not ...

Rajesh

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

After doing all the steps which you have suggest. Now when i am running the bapi in SE37 i got the error message like

"lookup of alternativeServiceIdentifier via CPA-cache failed for channel'.

Pls suggest.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error comes when you have the progid used at more than one connections..

so please change the used progId in both RFC destinations i.e R/3 and in PI and try to rerun the scenario..

HTH

Rajesh

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

I think i am troubling you so much... I have changed program id in xi first and activated and then created RFC in SAP R/3 and done the test connection. it is working fine.

Then went to SMGW --> logged on clients and found my program -id there. then i executed my RFC in SE37, same error message is comming rajesh.

pls let me know if i need to do any further steps.

Tell me one thing what is the value i need to give to the below parameter of RFC Adapter

RFC Metadata Repository parameter

Application Server : Here i had given the SAP R/3 host name. is it correct.

Please help.

Reg

Raj

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Try this and retest

Do cache refresh of adapter framework

XI --> Administration --> Tab: Runtime --> Cache overview --> af.xid.<...> --> Full cache refresh.

Regards

Suraj

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All

I dont know what is the mistake i am doing here......... i am follwing all the steps which you guys are suggesting but still i am getting the same error message like alternativeServiceIdentifier: party/service from chanel configuraion are not' in SE37 when i am trying to execute the bapi.

Pls help.

Reg

Raj

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Paste here the complete error message which you are getting in SM58.

Also the following details of yoru sender agreement

1. Sender Party

2.Sender Service

3. Sender Namesapce

4. Are you using virtual receivers? IF yes then t heir paramter

5. sender RFC channel and its value

6.RFC Connection and its values

Lets see is there anything missing

Regards

Suraj

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi suraj

I am unable to paste the messages, so i have forwarded the message with attachemnets to your gmail id. pls check and let me know anything required from my side.

pls check and suggest me accordingly

Regards

rAj

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. I got it, I missed to give the adapter specific parameters for the sender bussiness service. I gave and now it is working fine. Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check your RFC destination form SM59 , using Test connection

Regards,

Jude