Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One material cant be deleted in order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In sales order we have 5 items.

Out 5 items 4 items are delivered and invoiced.

Only one item status shows its OPEN, I found this item is related to Material determination.

i want to delete the item which status shows is open , But i couldnt delete or put the reason for rejection why because it is the grey mode even in change mode of sales order.

Please suggest how can i handle if i want to delete or put the reason for rejection.

Thanks

phani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Phanik,

any item shows greay mode in sales order means it already goen for further process means delivery created or make to order planned order(check in MD04) is generated once u see these details.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

my issue is resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you running in MTO (Make to Order) scenario or MTS (Make to Stock) Scenario?

If it's MTO, this can happen as soon as you run your MD02 & convert the Planned Order to a Production Order. Or else a Purchase Requisition to a Purchase Order.

Because system has already created a link between you sales order / LI number and Production order / Purchase Order number.

Therefore check whether there is any Production order or Purchase Order. (It can be your FG or any item in the BOM)

If that's the case you have to delete those first to delete the SO / LI.

Delivery creation cannot be the case here as you said, line item status is OPEN.

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Thank you

your answers are very helpful to resolve my issue.

Thanks,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI Phanik...if you think that your query was resolved, then pls close the thread and if you think that someone gave you the right solution then as a goodwill gesture award points.

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

First check in document flow whether is there any further process is carried out .this could be the reason because of which it is not allowing u to do so.

Regards

AJIT K SINGH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Possible reasons:

Production order might already been closed & sales order stock exists for the material.

Item is a lower level item of the previous line item

Item is in same delivery grouping.

Regards,

Sivanand