Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap.net connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i am very new to sap. i have installed sap.net connector to visual studio 2005. i am trying to use the wizard to create a sap connection class proxy to sap.

i can logon to the sap correctly but when i use the same settings in the wizard i get the following

test connection failed

error was open file d:windows sapmsg.ini failed

any help would be greatly appreciated.my system is sap08ides the host is filled in the id is 0(is this correct) i fill in my client and user and password. with these same settings i can log on to sap thru the usual login

any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Checkout the link :

http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/SapDBReader.asp?df=100&forumid=25000&exp=0&select=1425041

Hope this’ll give you idea!!

<b>P.S award the points.</b>

Good luck

Thanks

Saquib Khan

"Some are wise and some are otherwise"

0 Kudos

thank you very much

that is a great link

one more question

when i try to make the sap connection class proxy i get the error test connection failed how can i figure out why this is failing????? it says something about sapmsg.ini file but i cannot find it

0 Kudos

Well the error message is something to do with connection , so its checking your IP address or connection string some where in file sapmsg.ini . Do one thing pullup the file "sapmsg.ini " and see what kind of things this file stores .

P.S award the points .

Thanks

SK

0 Kudos

i cannot find the sapmsg.ini file. i am on the client would this be on the server?

what is confusing is

Host: sap08.win.psu.edu

ID: 0

would this be okay do i need an actual ip address

and what is the ID

like i said i can logon to sap thru the usual logon so i know i can logon and these are the settings that i use

0 Kudos

Yes this file will be on Server. I think you`re passing correct string . but make sure about the file....

Thanks

SK

0 Kudos

The sapmsg.ini is not on the server. Can this be the problem???