cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTP Heuristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using SCM 2007. I am using PP Heuristic as SAP_PP_CTP. I am running planning for sale orders directly from product view through Variable heuristic. Whenever any sale order stock is increased, We run the planning again for a sale order and the planned order quantity must reduce. But that is not happening. Whereas in SAP_PP_002 standard lot heuristic this is happening as there is a field called Reuse mode. But that is missing in SAP_PP_CTP heuristic. Is there any other way to fix this problem? Presently The planned order quantity is not changing.

Pls help.

Thanks

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinay,

Normally, increases in Sales order stock are accompanied by reductions in Production orders (because you received stock from the production order). Thus, separate heuristic runs would not be necessary to reduce surpluses. I guess you must be building SO stock in some other way....

Anyway, the SAP_PP_CTP heuristic is not designed for the purpose to which you are putting it. It is meant to be invoked as the 'second step' of the CTP availability check as part of the 'plan immediately' Planning procedure. I will say, though, that I have used it in the way you describe, with no problems, but it doesn't reduce the size of a given planned order - it only deletes excess planned orders. If you want to 'delete & recreate' existing planned orders, this heuristic will not fulfill that requirement.

I guess the question is, if your requirement is to reduce surpluses in the product view, why don't you just run SAP_PP_002? It is a much more robust heuristic, with many powerful switches.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dogboy49,

You are absolutely right. SAP_PP_002 is a more robust heuristic. but it is an infinite planning heuristic. i want the material and capacity planning simultaneously. That was the reason i selected ctp heuristic. Tell me onething? how can i link capacity planning also with the standard lots heuristic.

My requirement is, it has to do net requirement planning and also consider capacities and schedule.

Pls help. i am in big trouble.

Thanks

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinay,

Now you have puzzled me a second time, when you mention 'big trouble'. Your regular planning runs (do you do them nightly? On weekends?) should clear up any problems in this area. I thought you were just fixing things occasionally in the product view......?

Anyhow, to answer your question. Scheduling strategies determine scheduling. If your PPM/PDSs are using finite resources, then the Scheduling strategies will also manage capacity. In the Variable heuristic screen for the heuristic, select the Strategy tab at the bottom. Where it says 'Sched mode', this is where you can define scheduling.

SAP_PP_002 has a built-in standard strategy, infinite scheduling. You can alter the strategy in the Variable heuristic screen so as to use 'search for bucket' scheduling, which is a finite strategy. It is useful if your caps are bucket rather than time-continuous. Unfortunately, I don' t think you can go much farther with this heuristic and other types of finite strategies.

I have never tried it to solve requirements such as yours, but SAP_PP_003 offers additional strategies, plus the option to delete existing receipts (reuse mode). You might want to experiment here with settings in the Variable heuristic screen.

I guess I don't have to tell you that normally you manage PP type issues in the Product view, and Capacity related issues in the DS planning board. There is no heuristic that can substitute for human judgement in these areas; but I will assume that you are willing to be flexible in an effort to automate this process.

Finally, if you find the 'magic' combination of settings for a standard heuristic in the Variable heuristic screen, and you find you are using it all the time, you can create a new custom heuristic with these settings, and make it available in the variable heuristic list. You can optionally also place it directly in the Product master as the product heuristic.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dogboy,

Now i shall try with PP heuristic SAP_PP_003. i shall update the out put also.

Actuallu SAP_PP_002 heuristic can be used. but later for capacity planning, in the detailed scheduling board, which heuristic can i use for capacity planning. because ctp or sap_pp_003 are all PP heuristics.

Can you suggest me DS heuristic for this requirement.

Thankyou

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinay,

It has never occurred to me to try to create/change orders in the DS board, so I can't advise you of what DS heuristics to try that will both change quantities of an existing order and also reschedule/generate cap consumption. Probably is one, though - seems like every time I look I find another functionality in PPDS heuristics.

Normally, a planner solves PP problems in the product view (but there are exceptions). So, MRP type problems are solved here (like missing planned orders, or excess planned orders). Popular heuristics here are the SAP-PP series, depending on what you want to do.

Then, usually later in the order cycle, closer to execution time, a planner (sometimes a different planner) crafts the detail plan, constructing the actual final sets of instructions of which machines will be run, by which people, on which order, and at what time (lotsa exceptions here too). Hopefully there is something in the regular planning run that executes the required scheduling heuristics, so you don't have to come here very often. Popular heuristics in the DS board are the SAP001-5 series, depending on what you want to do. When I was a planner, though, I was very lazy. I only went here to manually reschedule orders, or to allocate/deallocate overloads.

As I said before, in the DS board, I never tried to solve both types of problems (PP and DS) at the same time. After the 'excess MTO planned order quantity' problem had been solved in the product view, you could go to the DS board and review the changed order. If the timing of the operations are satisfactory, and the cap consuming op is still unallocated, you can reschedule the order (no heuristic required, just hit the reschedule button).

The good thing is, once you have your heuristics set up properly in the regular planning runs, you almost never have to 'fix' anything in either place, at least until management hands you yet another one of their idiotic requests to accomplish the impossible.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vinay

See in CTP heuristic there is a field called reduce suplus have u check marked on it ..

I think the field Reuse mode is there in CTP heuristic too... i dont think it is discontinued in SCM 2007.

Kindly check

Regards

Virender S Thakur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

i have check marked reduce suplus. In scm 2007 that field REUSE MODE itself is not there.

REGARDS

VINAY