cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Error at check DDIC passwod phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i am installing ECC 6.0 with oracle on windows 2003.

at the phase check DDIC passwod i am getting error Test logon to SAP system <SID> failed.

make sure that system is startted,that the user DDIC exsists and password of user DDIC is correct.

this error is comming when system opening RFC connection for SPAM.

as under installation dir i am getting.....

SQL error 942 where accessing SPAM.

fail to open RFC connection.

FRF-00007 unable to open RFC.

after getting these i tried to logon throgh SAPLOGON but initial screen is not comming as wp terminated and again restart.

so then i rried for default password for SAP* and DDIC.at os level i change client 000 instead of 001.

set the profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar =0.

also tried to at SQL level but couldnot delete the row ...through

SQL> delete from PSAPSR3.USR02 where bname =u2019sap*u2019 and mandt ='000';

as it is saying oracle table not for view and....

(not exactly remember)

*here experts i want to confirm that through sql level i will delete the password and set the value 0 for parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar =0 then i will get default password PASS.

but what will happen if i am tring throgh SAPGUI and getting error that session terminated and work proceess restart.

*i mean if login screen is not comming then what may be the issue... **

Thanks & Regards

Dik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am doing an SAP SRM installation. the installation fails in the Check DDIC Password Phase with the following error:

TEST logon to SAP system SRM failed.

Solution: Make sure that the system is started, that the user DDIC exists and the password of the user DDIC is correct.

the system is up in the SAPMMC. I tried to login to the system.

Then i see the following issue:

ABAP SQL error -4005 occured when accesing the program SA

Could you please help me out here ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Uday said, download the latest kernel and replace it with the old kernel. Even i faced this issue couple of times, so once i replaced old kernel with the lastet one, it started working fine.

Regards,

Ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

Same problem i got installation ecc 6.0 sr1 in suse linux.the problem is came because installation has not done properly.in installation at import phase some erros or warnings will come.

restart the fresh installation with fresh sap dump.you should not get any problem

regards

vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

Same problem i got installation ecc 6.0 sr1 in suse linux.the problem is came because installation has not done properly.in installation at import phase some erros or warnings will come.

restart the fresh installation with fresh sap dump.you should not get any problem

regards

vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dera vasu,

normally if u getting any error in Import phase , problem in your Export DVD ,its not properly copied so cancel that installation & copy the Export DVDs then try , u wil not get any errror

regards

satheesh

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry - but this the "windows approach" of solving problems ("if it doesn't work, reboot, if it stil doesn't work, reinstall").

Without knowing why the system is not coming it's not necessary to reinstall the system from scratch. A look in dev_w0 why the system is having problems coming up should clear up the confusion.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its media error...

dump was not correct

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

regards

vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to post more information in order to get any help.

As Markus said: Post the dev_w0 and dev_disp files.

ORA-942 could be raised due to various reasons.

Check the SAP Note [662644|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/662644]

Is your page-file large enough? (20 GB or more).

General answers for an general described problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Its the problem with kernel files,download the latest kernal files and replace with the old ones and retry the installation.hope you will backup the old kernel files before doing this

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

check out [;

former_member906139
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Login to your system in client 000 with SAP*, change password of ddic say abc12345, now login to system in client 000 with ddic and password as abc12345, now it will ask for new password, provide the password which you have given during installation as SAPINST know only that password.

Restart installation.

Regards,

Abhay

Former Member
0 Kudos
SQL error 942 where accessing SPAM.
fail to open RFC connection.
FRF-00007 unable to open RFC.

rather than issue of DDIC password this ssems to be an issue with RFC .Please check the logs dev_w0 & dev_disp for details & paste the same to assist further.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Dik,

If you are not getting login screen and the DDIC error , then you need to do installation again from start.

Thanks

R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check dev_w* logs in the work directory.

They will have some information about the error.

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Kabadi,

If you are not getting login screen and the DDIC error , then you need to do installation again from start.

Dear our database is ok (its running)

message server running and disp+work also with green (waiting) status

under process list every thing is in green.....

then what may be the reason.....

Why should i have to go for reinstallation......

Regards

Dik

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please post the content of dev_w0 and and dev_disp

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check in MMC is your SAP system running??

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mohit,

MMC is running and i also tried to run MMC mannually.

all wp in waiting status and everthing is in green condition.....

but still problem is same