cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General doubt regarding Custom programs update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to know what will be the problem if the customer has written code in the SAP standard deliverd program.

Let say in the function module 'CRM_ORDER_SAVE'the customer has added extra lines of code

directly inside the function. What will happen when the basis starts the upgrade.

will there be a conflict resolution screen and the screen will display sap code on one side and the customer modified code on the other side and will it ask whether the customer wants to include these changes in the upgraded software. which means the customer changes are included automatically in the standard SAP upgrade process.

or

After upgrade, should the developer again manually add those extra lines of code.

Any idea. greatly appreciate any help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will get list of conflicts in SPAU screen and then you can decide whether to take your changes in new version or use new version of SAP standard without your changes.

If you have done some very specific custom modification for your organization then I dont expect any functionality from SAP in standard version and you may have to take your changes in new version as well. This will need to be done everytime you upgrade.

/Kripa

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

This is why it's always recommended to avoid changing SAP code. SAP reserves the right to change everything in future releases, except protected objects, like the interface parameters and names of BAPI's and ...

It could very well be that the logic of function CRM_ORDER_SAVE changes completely and that the additional customer logic no longer fits with the standard one.

--> customer logic in standard functions usually needs to be rewritten after an upgrade.

A functionality exists to detect this kind of standard changes during upgrades: the SPAU. It shows the collisions between standard code and SAP code. But it is up to the customer to find out what's wrong and how to fix it.

Sticking to standard exits like badi's and EEWB and BDT and... is the only good solution.

Michael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

If the custom code no longer fits into SAP standard, then with the help of conflict resolution screen we cannot merge the custom code with SAP standard code.

In this case the code needs to be re-written.

otherwise during upgrade in the conflict resolution screen we could merge the custom changes into SAP standard.

Also is there 3 options during upgrade like. for eg upgrade from CRM 4.0 to CRM 5.0

1. Upgrade with SAP standard CRM 5.0.

2. Upgrade with Already existing Custom code CRM 4.0.

3. Merge SAP CRM 5.0 and custom code CRM 4.0 and upgrade.

(Eventhough my question is silly and stupid, could you please let me know. As it is vague to understand without any pictures).

Point 2:

Now is 'SPAU' the only transaction which does the update in the SAP CRM server. (Basically the bdoc, table upgrade in CRM 4.0 memoo objects upgrade)...

I greatly appreciate your continued support for SDN.

Thanks.

Jothi.

KaushalShah
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will definitely be conflict resolution screen. You can decide to accept SAP code or merge both SAP code & custom code.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kaushal