cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replenishment method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

We need use fixed bins for replenishing the stock from other storage types.We always perform the picking from fixed bin to issue to cost center.I have the following questions about replenishment process.

1 )When we activate the replenishment in a fixed bin i.e. creating a WM movment type (copy of 319) and do auto TO for replenishment and maintain the material master data with storage bin (fixed bin) , min , max and replensih qty. When the stock level falls below the min qty , does the system create the replenishment TO without running LP24 or LP22 ?

2) if so why do we need tp run LP24 or LP22 for replenishment as the system creates the TO automtaically ?

3) What is the difference between replenish methods 'Immediate TO Creation for Fixed Bins' and "Immediate TO Creation Random Bin Management" ?

Thanks for your time in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The reason for using LP21 is so that you can control the size of the replenishment run.

If you want it to run automatically you will need to schedule a job to to this every 'Hour, day etc)

The job for mthis I believe is RLLNACH1

I hope that this helps

Frenchy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Thanks for all your inputs

I want to know the difference between fixed bin methods , i. e. the difference between managing two or more materials in a random storage of a storage type with multiple bins Vs multiple materials having own fixed bins defined for each in the storage type.

in random storage , how does the system calculates the max quantity and min quantity and the replenishment qty for the whole storage type for each material ? Is that thru storage type view in the master data? if so this data is only for a bin , does the system calculate automatically the whole capacity for all the bins which is applied to the entire storage type to replenish the bins ?

Thanks for your time in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ..

In random storage type system will propose any random bin which can accomodate stock , but in fixed it will propose only the assigned bin in material master.

The system calculates the replenishment quantity on the basis of the current stock situation in the storage type and the replenishment quantity defined in the material master record. The system then creates transfer requirements (TRs) for the calculated replenishment quantities.

Thanks

Jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reponse,

I stille have the following question

In random storage , As we specify the data of Max , Min , Replenish qty at the bin level in the material master record, how does this be calculated at the storage type level , suppose therer are multiple materials stored in the random storage with multiple bins ?

Thanks in advance

Edited by: pranathi728 on Oct 26, 2009 1:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ..

Replenishment is not carried out automatically , if you need to do it you need to schedule a back ground job which will do replenishment activity.

LP22 (Creation for Fixed Bins)- create transfer requirements for the replenishment of fixed bins in which stock removals based on relevant deliveries are taken into consideration before picking takes place.

LP24 (Creation Random Bin Management)- The system calculates the replenishment quantity on the basis of the current stock situation in the storage type and the replenishment quantity defined in the material master record. The system then creates transfer requirements (TRs) for the calculated replenishment quantities.

when you run this transaction system will create TO , but you need to confirm this TO thereby making sure that replenishment is carried out .

Hope it helps

Jinoy

Edited by: jinoy j on Oct 12, 2009 9:17 AM

Edited by: jinoy j on Oct 12, 2009 9:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos