cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sizing of the Database machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Our SAP system (iSeries V5R4M5) is running ECC6.0 with DBM installed. We are currently using the central instance as only Database Instance and Users are logging into the application server (Windows 2003 64 bit). We are observing large utilization of Database instance even after moving the user to application servers.

How the resizing of iSeries machine is carried out.

Regards

Harish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply

Result of DSPSYSVAL QPRCFEAT

Processor Feature 5462

We do use the graph history tool of iseries and in that the CPU utilization is at an average of 75%. User are all connected using Application server. So this 75% load will be the database load and the system load.

Can you pls tell me which is that new tool that you are using.

Regards

Harish Madhavadas

BASIS Team Lead

Saud Bahwan Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm curious as to how much CPU power you have in the iSeries box? If you let me know the value of DSPSYSVAL QPRCFEAT, I can find it out for you. Did you also use Graph History tool in iSeries Navigator to monitor CPU utilization over an exteneded period of days to conclude that you do have consistently high CPU utilization?

Since you are at V5R4, you should find a skilled person to help use DB2 System-wide index advisor in iSeries Navigator to identify and create frequently needed indexes (that are not created yet) as the advisor indicates. This is a new tool in V5R4 that I have been using for may local SAP on iSeries customers (and those who use SQL-based applications) and it provides improved system performance in varying degrees.

Satid S.

IBM Thailand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

Typically sizing project could start with SAP quick sizer tool.

http://service.sap.com/quicksizer

But in your case, I would have an in-depth performance evaluation/review first. Just make sure the reviewer understands both SAP and i5/OS very well.

Best regards,

Victor