cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization in DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

In Project builder I am attaching a document , Document Type PPD.

For role authorization I have created two different role -

1. DMS_CREATE_CHANGE_DISPLAY (For create/ change/Display document ty)pe PPD

2.DMS_DISPLAY (For Display document )Only

I am attaching word document as original.

I want to keep DMS_Display role for Display document only. I havp set all the object for activity display for document type PPD.

But when I am testing it I can change in original document .How can i restrict a user to change in original document .

he should authorize to display this document only.

Regards

Rama Shanker Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

regarding your authorization question I hope the following two links could be useful for you:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/AuthorizationTrace-+ST01

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/CADMS-AuthorizationObjects

Please note that every user who is able to edit the document info record could also edit the original file in it. So I think the easiest way would be to allow only display of the document info record if there is a special status set.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Configure Authorization Object C_DRAW_TCD, and try.

provide only display activity, and verify this object has not been overwrite by other values.

Thanks,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samir ,

Thanks for your reply,

I have already checked with this object but this is not working as I want .Any othere object by which I can control this.

Regards

Rama Shanker Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using C_DRAW_DOK. Only allow activity for display application start.

Hope this helps.

former_member208123
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can I assume that your problem is that in display mode when you open the original document it is available for editing?

IMG > Cross-Application Components > Document Management > General Data > Define Workstation Application. Here you can define the applications that are used to Display, Change & Print the original document. You will find that your "display" application actual allows editing, you need to have an application with display only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Another idea, Add only CV03 or CV04n tcode access to Display role so it will not allow to save any changes bydefault.

Could you please let me know where do you store the actual documents ?

Have you tried to save the document after changing it and verify with retreiving?

Thanks,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James ,

Can you elaborate your answer , I have done that changes but still I can change in my original document and able to save it .

I want restrict to user to change in original document if he/she has display authorization .

Regards

Rama Shanker Sharma

former_member208123
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The DMS configuration allows you to use different applications to open a document for change and display. For display if the application only allows viewing then you can not change it.