Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh cache of Adaptive Web Service model without restart

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an ejb project which I expose as a Web Service.

I consume this Web Service by a Web Dynpro Adaptive Web Service model.

Whenever I change the ejb (for example add new business method) and re-expose it I can run the method by wsnavigator but when I reimport the model to Web Dynpro I get an exception regarding the new method (because of cache).

Only when I restart the server the cache is in invalidated.

Is it possible to invalidate the cache of AWS without restart?

Thanks,

Omri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the following thread:

Regards.

Rajat

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat Jain,

Thanks for response.

However, I think I didn't explain the scenario well, here how it goes:

Created EJB with two business methods and exposed EJB as Web Service --> Success

Import Web Service to WD --> Success

Run WS from WD --> Success

Add another EJB method --> Tested with WSNavigator tool --> Success

Reimport Web Service according to this blog https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/2508. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] --> Success

Run WS from WD --> Fail (I get null pointer exception on the first try to set some import parameter).

• Restart J2EE ***

Run WD again --> Everything is working...

So how can I avoid the restart?

Thanks,

Omri

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Closing Thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please post the solution for this ?

Thanks, ANil

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't have a solution (I closed the thread because only 10 questions can have 'open' status).

However, for new projects I use 'deployable proxy' and access the web service by JNDI.

I know that using WD models (RFC, WS, EJB) is what I should use but the fact that each metadata change requires cleaning cache (RESTART) is a joke because I cannot restart production servers whenever I want...

Regards,

Omri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omri,

I'm using a deployable proxy like you and I would like to ask you some questions:

1. Have you ever had caching problems? I have a stateless session bean which uses the logical port of the proxy (ok!); if I just add (for exempl) a private method (for other purpose) in the session without modify enything abuot the proxy, and then build the session, build the ear, deploy the ear, testing in the WebService Navigator (or directly with the WebDyn App), I see the proxy doesn't work anymore -> error: The root message element is [definitions] but it should be SOAP:Envelope!!!! But two second before it worked!!!

2. To solve the problem I described, sometimes I tried to "stir" the situation re-deploying the proxy or going to Visual Administrator and clicking the "Save" button in the destination or something else like that! But now this procedure doesnt work anymore! Have you ever had problem like that, maybe about caching or working after other "foreign" changes?

Often, the proxy doesn't work after a code transport from Development to Consolidation environnement.

Thanks

Enrico

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Enrico,

I've never encountered cache issues when using deployable proxies.

Omri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Omri,

It is not possible to clear the Adaptive WebService Cache as like what we are doing for Adaptive RFC Cache. The only solution is to restart the server.

Regards

Nizamudeen SM