Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Concern: Automatically change passwords

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to automatically prompt for users to change their password once per month in the portal? We're about to rollout portal but our CEO won't let us do it until we can ensure users will be forced to change their passwords regularly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

of course this is possible.

check out this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/95/72dba55fd9534fa3a479e84c4ae886/frameset.htm

there you have a list with all security policies you can set.

You can also set these policies inside the portal.

go to "system administration -> system configuration -> um configuration -> security settings" and for advanced users "-> direct editing"

you can set the period for changing passwords with the policy "Password Validity Time (Days)"

Regards,

Pascal

Please reward points if this solved your problem.

Message was edited by: Pascal Adami

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

of course this is possible.

check out this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/95/72dba55fd9534fa3a479e84c4ae886/frameset.htm

there you have a list with all security policies you can set.

You can also set these policies inside the portal.

go to "system administration -> system configuration -> um configuration -> security settings" and for advanced users "-> direct editing"

you can set the period for changing passwords with the policy "Password Validity Time (Days)"

Regards,

Pascal

Please reward points if this solved your problem.

Message was edited by: Pascal Adami

0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

I have read through your link and I may indeed be blind but I still don't see how to automatically change the password. In other words; I want to make all passwords EXPIRE after one month and force the users to enter a new password. I want to automatically do this each and every month.

Thanks,

-Patrick

0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

as I explained, for your example set the period for changing passwords with the policy "Password Validity Time (Days)" to 30 and the user will be prompted to change his password after 30 days. Of course after another 30 days the user will be prompted again to change his password.

Regards,

Pascal

0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Sorry I was reading the EMAIL and not following the link to this HTML document here in the forum. I thought the email contained all of your comments but it looks like your comments were cut off. Thanks for setting me straight. I will review this and reply back soon.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

no problem, hope you've found the settings and I solved your concern

Regards,

Pascal

0 Kudos

Thank you for your help Pascal. We have made the setting change and now will wait until the end of the month to see if it works.