cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Methods in BEx Analyzer Queries...!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BW Experts,

Could you plz let me know what test methodologies do we have to do while Query creation using BEx Analyzer and at what point of Query Development (Devp/QA/Prod) do we do this. Also let me know how and when to make use of BCT Queries.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Giftedbrain.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

As for as i know,there is no standard methodology to test BW Queries.We do check Query data manually againest InfoProvider's data.

Execute the Query with some selections.go to LISTCUBE transaction,Provide InfoProvider name and execute it...Select the Keyfigures and characteristics which are there in the Query....If you have executed Query with any specific values,then here also provide same values and execute.This displays cube's data...You can cross check this data againest Query's data...

If you have any RKFs in Query,the try to view Cube's data according to that....

Copy the BCT Queries with different tech names and modify them according to Your requirements.in my experience,i have never used any BCT Queries.almost all Queries i work on are custom defiend ones.

Hope this helps!

Message was edited by: Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you say to match Query data manually against InfoProvder's data, do you mean the data that is displayed in InfoProvider(InfoCube) Monitor should be matched with the ones displayed when we run the Query...?

Also, could you plz elaborate on LISTCUBE transaction..!!

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Giftedbrain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Giftedbrain,

check the links for listcube info.

-Doodle

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check data in InfoCube either by executing the transaction LISTCUBE or from infoCube manage i.e. right click on Infocube>manage>contents tab>click on infocube contents (not fact table)->select required characreistics and keyfigures from pop up window-->ok.

while selecting chars and KFs, make sure you are selecting those which are there in query....

It displays infocube's data.

For more details about LISTCUBE,check in above given threads.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much. I had already got my doubt cleared.

Regards,

Giftedbrain.

Answers (0)