cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Accessing MS Access database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am doing jdbc to abap proxy scenario where I am trying to read the records from .mdb file. I have a XI server on Unix Environment and I have two issues while picking the records from the MS Access db file .

1.) Since its a newly installed XI server so do I need to have any specific JDBC driver to be deployed for accessing the .mdb files.

Already there has been enough posting regarding this issue and as per my understanding my XI server has JDK 1.4.2 and so I

should have jodbc14.jar deployed. Do correct me if my understanding is wrong. I have tested my scenario without the deployment and while reading the records, the jdbc adapter shows the following error :-

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (.mdb)};DBQ=ftp:
erp-e1004-6n1\ajeet:a1k2c3@10.143.4.103\ajeet\employee.mdb' using the JDBC driver 'sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (
.mdb)};DBQ=ftp:
erp-e1004-6n1\ajeet:a1k2c3@10.143.4.103\ajeet\employee.mdb': java.lang.NullPointerException'

2.) I have to access the .mdb files from a ftp location as the files are not on the local XI server , they are to be read from a different host which runs on Windows2003. So I am using the following as my Connection parameter:-

jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=ftp:
erp-e1004-6n1\ajeet:a1k2c3@10.143.4.103\ajeet\employee.mdb

where usid :- erp-e1004-6n1\ajeet , pswd:-a1k2c3 and the "10.143.4.103\ajeet\employee.mdb" is the place from where I need to read the records.

So I have two doubts as If I need to correct my connection parameter or I need to deploy the ojdbc14.jar or need to consider both??

Regards

Nishant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Close this thread as you already have one open thread.

Regards,

Prateek