cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is three decimal possible in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the first day, we were told by our consultant that we could only use 2 decimal . We have some unit cost with three decimals. Is there any way to customize decimal? Please kindly advise.

Thanks,

Linda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The simple solution is in VK11, maintain the pricing per 10. Let us assume, your unit price for material AB is 3.456. Now, your unit price in VK11 would be 34.56 per 10 pc.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmipathi,

Thank you for your suggestion. The solution you recomanded is what we are carrying out. The reason I am looking for a new solution is because unit cost/ unit price are printed on all the invoice as $00.00/per 10, which customer and vendors complained that is too confused for them.

Again, thank you for your suggestion.

Linda

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
unit cost/ unit price are printed on all the invoice as $00.00/per 10

This can be changed with the help of ABAPer that for print outs, system should consider per piece only (Net Value / Qty).

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

This could be an idel solution. Would you please advise more detail about ABAPer ?

Thanks,

Linda

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are in India and are using CIN, then please write to SAP and only then you change. We have changed the Decimal places to 4 globally. and CIN only supports two decimals.

My client being into pharma industry and it was their requirement

When we wrote to SAP regarding this issue they stated that CIN does not support moe than two decmals. Now we are facing lots of problems due to that.

Regards,

Anand

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Now we are facing lots of problems due to that.

That is why it is recommended to have the pricing condition in VK11 per 10 or 100s which will cumulate the net value exactly and meets the requirement without touching any IMG settings.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmi,

I am sorry for posting my query in this same thread.

I completely agree with what you have said

(That is why it is recommended to have the pricing condition in VK11 per 10 or 100s which will cumulate the net value exactly and meets the requirement without touching any IMG settings.)

But what if the user wanted manual pricing, where there could be no any condition records.

Thanks & Regards,

Anand.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As per the ISO Standard procedure SAP predefined the decimal places in to two digits. This is in built in the system. In case if you want more decimals to be defined as per your organization you need to define your currency in TC: OY04 and maintain decimal no.

In case if you want continue with 2 decimal digits for all transactions (Take pre approval from your client) and remove the currency from OY04 table.

Thanks & regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If this is only for a particular condition type , then follow the suggestion gven by LAKSHMIPATHY

If you want the decimals for all the conditions for a particular currency then this can be done in

OY04

There maintain the decimal places for your currency.

regards,

santosh

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you search the forum, you can get the response,

For example check the link, [ Decimals change|]

Regards,